NOT MINE Not Mine - 1965 Chrysler 300 L - $3,500 - FB Marketplace

Sport Fury 67

Reaction score
Not mine. Not a lot of details other than 80K miles and the 413 engine has not been open. Located in St Charles, MO Also including a link to a similar car that is "complete" for reference.

1965 Chrysler 300

_nc_ohc=Z2YsYZACYj0AX_I7sDK&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=PSJKflmeUBcAX8gYMSv&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=ndSLkx_WV5kAX_RMvgh&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=ukRR3ftH6xMAX-RRNEI&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.jpg

For $10,500, this 1965 Chrysler 300-L is an attainable everyday classic
27057359-770-0%2525402X.jpg

I'd say it scores points for originality, but you'd have to see it in person to tell how good or bad it is.
Just from photos I'd say it seems a bit high prices for what I'm used to, but maybe I'd be pleasantly surprised if I saw it in person.
Either way, they sure are nice cars.

In one respect, almost every car that age will need a full repaint, usually. Just that this one will need more surface prep. Engine will need a timing set and probably a valve job. Interior will need work too, usually. Fuel system will need the rubber items replaced/updated, too. Plus normal maintenance items. This car looks like a good place for a restoration to begin.

I like the patina on that one, would want the interior a bit nicer.

Well, that was a very nice vehicle once.

If the underbody was in good condition the 3.5k would be realistic. Some expensive original parts are missing or incorrect (mirrors and aid filter) and would need to be replaced with real parts in a good restoration.

However, the new owner must give up the idea of being able to make a profit after the restoration. So just something for an intusiast who enjoys screwing and no longer has to sell...

That needs a TON of work but appears to be a good starting point for nowadays.
A 383-2 Newport 4dr in similar condition would likely not be asking much less, and has much less value/mystique.
Hopefully all the trim/clips are with it and usable.

A guy would need to do a lot of the work on this one, at least on getting it drivable.
But you could still easily sink another $3500 in it and it wouldn't look any different (except new tires).
Front bumper has bad acid-rain erosion, and rear bumper has a tiny bump in it (also damaged the trunk-area trim).
So the better the paint it gets, the worse the bumpers/trim will look.

But if/how well the 413 runs is the biggest factor IMO.
And it needs $500+ for a windshield.

But in spite of my critique, I like it, I'm drawn to cars like this. (and it makes my appreciate my 300L much more)

_nc_ohc=8OIRkbRkTbwAX-eKBkw&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.jpg

Back