SOLD Not Mine 1968 Chrysler Imperial Convertible - $5,580 - Racine, Wis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
Contact seller
Why would they go from a 440 to a 383 instead of just having the 440 rebuilt?
is there some benefit of the swap?

1968 Chrysler Imperial Convertible - $5,580 - Racine, Wisconsin

FB Description

1968 Chrysler imperial convertible for sale! I’ve had this car for 3 years now. And I have done almost everything I wanted. It currently has a 383 and new transmission in it had this car to turn-key perfection. This car is ready for a new home it runs drives and stops!! My only problem is I wanted to change the exterior color to red so the trim is off the car. This car is a fun car for kids in the summer. I don't have anywhere to store this one so it’s gotta go! Accepting offers!

Impy2.jpg
Impy1.jpg
Impy5.jpg
Impy7.jpg
Impy8.jpg
Impy3.jpg
Impy4.jpg
Impy6.jpg
Impy9.jpg

Much cheaper to drop in an already running 383 than it is to rebuild a 440 especially if you happen to have a running 383. Look, unfortunately the asking price on this one really couldn’t be too much higher with a rebuilt 440 and it....

Very cool drop top. Not to mention very low production. I'm guessing the paint code is HH1 Antique Ivory. Give it a repaint in the original color and with that black leather interior it would look amazing. I wonder how solid the underside is.

A convertible sitting outside, and snow on the ground; hope somebody snaps it up before it deteriorates. Ivory with black interior (which looks at least decent, and might clean up nicer) Seems incomplete without a 440. I was telling someone at Gettysburg (AACA Fall Nationals) that the one Mopar that seems to NEED a 440 to move it along is an Imperial, but I might be wrong...…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back