SOLD Not Mine 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT - $22,000 - Phoenixville, Pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This '70 Fury Grand Coupe appears to have the wood grain dash. I believe GC were based on the Fury II models.

20201207_152450.jpg

The '70 GT in the original post has the wood grain dash insert. You can see it through the steering wheel in the one interior shot.

the original fakebook ad says the car has sold for 14,500.00.
I was waiting on a reply. Tried to low ball it at 10K.

Green, not my thing, but, sfgt......

the original fakebook ad says the car has sold for 14,500.00.
I was waiting on a reply. Tried to low ball it at 10K.

Green, not my thing, but, sfgt......
On FB it's now marked sold, but the CL listings are still up hmm..

That's because it got a good roasting in The Mopar Hunter Group.

View attachment 429740

Here's one of the best comments further down. "prophets" sheech if your going to be a smartass well...

View attachment 429742

it might be available...? the CL ads are still up...

A car I sold back in 2003 or so, #635 for the year and built Aug 69, and a 1-owner car before me, and molested only as much as rust repair and repaint.
I'm 95% sure it did NOT have a woodgrain dash strip, but I have no pics of the dash to be 100%.
Bottom pic is when it popped up for sale 19 years later.
View attachment 430350

Fury Fan, Did the 70 Burnt Orange Sport Fury you had have a Burnt Orange Interior with console, and a 383? It looks a lot like the 70 Sport Fury that I traded in for a 73 Charger in Akron, Ohio.
Sure would like to find that car.

Then the question is, Why? Is the insert part of the Brougham package?
Over time has anything been changed?

Since the 1970 SFGT owned initially by Trev and then by John was a Brougham package model and didn't have the woodgrain, we then know it wasn't part of the Brougham pacakage:

00x0x_e4k8i79pidq_1200x900-jpg.jpg

And my 1970 Sport Fury (non-GT) with the Brougham package didn't have one either.

I guess all we can conclude given the information generated in this thread, the woodgrain trim strip was a late 1970 model year running change/addition. Whether they were applied to all or some models still remains a mystery until more photos surface.

I am surprised after all these years none of us is really sure about this issue for a 1970 Plymouth C body!! :realcrazy:

This is certainly a life changing realization of great importance! :D

Last edited:
Since the 1970 SFGT owned initially by Trev and then by John was a Brougham package model and didn't have the woodgrain, we then know it wasn't part of the Brougham pacakage then:

View attachment 430429

And my 1970 Sport Fury (non-GT) with the Brougham package didn't have one either.

I guess all we can conclude given the information generated in this thread, the woodgrain trim strip was a late 1970 model year running change/addition. Whether they were applied to all or some models still remains a mystery until more photos surface.

I am surprised after all these years none of us is really sure about this issue for a 1970 Plymouth C body!! :realcrazy:

my old SFGT with Broughaminterieur from autumn 1969 didn't have the woodgrain either and supports that theory.
:D

Since the 1970 SFGT owned initially by Trev and then by John was a Brougham package model and didn't have the woodgrain, we then know it wasn't part of the Brougham pacakage then:

View attachment 430429

It is the curiosity that solves the mysteries like the Fratzog bumper and the two dash pads in the 70 polara monaco. We really should have the answer.

Perhaps it is as simple as early/late production.

My old 70 Sport Suburban had one when I had the dash wrapped i left it off. All the one's I've ever pulled from yards have 2 little push tabs on each end and glue in the middle. Here's some pic's of cars I've seen with them sorry I don't know all the build dates. 1st pic is my old wagon built 3/19 2nd is a car in a yard in Pennsylvania I believe and the 3rd is a friend's S23 part's car.

Screenshot_20210113-073245_Gallery.jpg

received_972303689944854.jpeg

received_330772974796762.jpeg

Since I have owned only a handful of Furys over the years and only have 2 Sport Furys left, if I have any questions about Plymouths in the future, I am going to the guy who knows them best in my experiences:

Manny

@70 Sport Suburban.

He has been one of the most helpful guys on the site in my experiences and always willing to assist and share his experiences, which are vast and he always has an upbeat attitude and a modest disposition.

Just excellent!

Fury Fan, Did the 70 Burnt Orange Sport Fury you had have a Burnt Orange Interior with console, and a 383? It looks a lot like the 70 Sport Fury that I traded in for a 73 Charger in Akron, Ohio.
Sure would like to find that car.
No, it was black interior. But buckets, console, and 383 2-barrel. Coincidentally, it did come from Ohio before I picked it up in Indianapolis. Still had an Ohio plate on the front, for some reason my brain thinks it was marked for Hamilton?

Thread about it here:
GT No 3#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back