SOLD Not Mine 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury GT - $22,000 - Phoenixville, Pa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a '61 Dodge headlights and grill reflecting on the windshield. I think the dash is also missing the wood grain trim panel found on all '70 sport fury models. Speaker grill looks after market to me.

Dave

I don't agree Dave, as mine didn't have that strip either.........

100_6616-jpg.jpg

Yes, you beat me to editing my post to clarify I meant "in 1970". I am well aware of Critter's 1971 GT Brougham.

I just don't recall ever seeing a 1970 model GT with that interior before now.................................

Steve my old 70 SFGT in FY4 with V1G gator roof had the Brougham interior, too.
It belongs now to my friend Guy from Luxemburg who has visited you, too.

Restored/nice SFGT do come up for sale but seldom and often change hands between those in the know without being in the public market long if at all.

Carsten

I'd love to have a 440-6 and feature it in the museum. I love C body stuff. I'm waiting on tittles from my state so I can create more room. Hope to be adding a building this year for space. The one advantage with Covid is I've had more time to add automobila to the place and get it hung. It's a huge PITA to put stuff up with moving cars and everything. Hopefully this year I can open up for a few events.

My belief is that the accent strip was standard, they were glued on and some of them fell off with use, Check the indent on yours, often some adhesive will remain.

Dave

Im Not fully informed on the Fury were they on the 70 Fury? I believe they were on the 71 not certain of the 70. What triggered the woodgrain dash instrument dash panel on the fury line?
I thought the 70s and 71 low lines didnt get wood trim.

If it was "supposed " to get it but didn't, wouldn't surprise me.

I was gonna ask if they had " nubs" , Im certain they did. Which leaves holes in the pad once gone or removed.
The few I've had, the tape was still on the back of the trim, not glue.

My belief is that the accent strip was standard, they were glued on and some of them fell off with use, Check the indent on yours, often some adhesive will remain.

Dave
Im Not fully informed on the Fury were they on the 70 Fury? I believe they were on the 71 not certain of the 70. What triggered the woodgrain dash instrument dash panel on the fury line?
I thought the 70s and 71 low lines didnt get wood trim.

If it was "supposed " to get it but didn't, wouldn't surprise me.

I acquired a couple near new dashpads for my 70 SFGT and have inspected the one on my B7 blue one as well. No sign whatsoever of any glue ever being on these.

The 1971 Sport Furys and other models as well came standard with that woodgrain molding and I am not so sure those were glued on either - maybe they used pegs. I just don't have any of those models any more to dig into the attaching mechanism. The factory dealer brochure at least shows the woodgrain molding through the Fury III models, but does not show a photo of the dashpad for the Fury II models.

I was gonna ask if they had " nubs" , Im certain they did. Which leaves holes in the pad once gone or removed.
The few I've had, the tape was still on the back of the trim, not glue.

Our posts were overlapping almost, but I too recall them being held in place with pegs/nubs, so I agree with you there would be holes in the pad where they would have had them.

Were they on the 1970 models? If so what trim lines?

I do not believe those strips were used on any 1970 Plymouth Fury models. The dealer brochure is of no help because even those photos in which at least portions of the pad are shown are 1969 pads due to the early release dates of those brochures. None of the 1970 Plymouth Furys I have owned including my Sport Fury Brougham had one.

I do not believe those strips were used on any 1970 Plymouth Fury models. The dealer brochure is of no help because even those photos in which at least portions of the pad are shown are 1969 pads due to the early release dates of those brochures. None of the 1970 Plymouth Furys I have owned including my Sport Fury Brougham had one.

THAT is exactly what Im thinking! However a page back Mannys photo shows a 70 with the wood strip.

THAT is exactly what Im thinking! However a page back Mannys photo shows a 70 with the wood strip.

I am not sure that is a wood strip - it might just be the indentation where the strip would go in 1971 models more than likely..............

You are probably correct that not all '70 SFGT cars had the accent, I reviewed some of the ones that came up for sale, and examples of both exist. Photo's attached of two different SFGT cars for sale one with the accent and one without.

Dave

70 sport fury dash.jpg

1970-Plymouth-Fury-GT-3-630x390.jpg

You are probably correct that not all '70 SFGT cars had the accent, I reviewed some of the ones that came up for sale, and examples of both exist. Photo's attached of two different SFGT cars for sale one with the accent and one without.

Dave

View attachment 430284

View attachment 430285

Then the question is, Why? Is the insert part of the Brougham package?
Over time has anything been changed?

Dave

View attachment 430284

View attachment 430285

Always loved that faux woodgrain steering wheel even though the faux didn’t last that long.

The metal ring did get hot and burn my hands many times though and the metal spokes also hurt if trying to one finger turn with power steering.

A car I sold back in 2003 or so, #635 for the year and built Aug 69, and a 1-owner car before me, and molested only as much as rust repair and repaint.
I'm 95% sure it did NOT have a woodgrain dash strip, but I have no pics of the dash to be 100%.
Bottom pic is when it popped up for sale 19 years later.
upload_2021-1-12_21-8-45.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back