NOT MINE Not Mine - 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT, $123,456 MN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 1/2 years ago it was a "New crate motor 304 cubic inch from Blue Print Engines" @ $35,000

Today it is a new 408 crate motor although the $123,456 price in consecutive numbers is real or...?

I wonder if Gateways excuse for calling it a SFGT is "that is what the owner called it" so what can we do? The escape any responsibility clause.

I wrote to Mecum about some obvious differences in what was in a vehicle description vs what the vehicles had on them from the factory. In this case, it was obvious. Their reply was "what the owner told them", basically.

It would seem, though, that with all of the seeming research that Gateway and Streetside apparently do for their vehicle descriptions, that somebody would have noticed the glaring issues of engine disparities, then investigated, and possibly made some mention of "customer-added" items? Much less a VIN decode, at the least. I suspect they should have some sales documents with the VIN in their archives?

In the '70-'71 parts book body molding/stripe illustrations . . . the horizontal stripes when the side molding is deleted, they are listed for PM 2-drs, too. Colors were black, white, and gold. Also, the "formal" 2dr roof is termed "Fastback", fwiw.

Y'all enjoy!
CBODY67

Last edited:
Oh this car I remember this one, I saw it posted online before but not on here (I must have missed it.) I agree with others here that no way is this a real GT, it has the wrong roofline and why would you swap a big block for a small block engine. The engine that's in it actually looks like a Magnum thats like in my 1998 Dodge Durango daily driver with those valve covers. I read the Hemmings article and it said the original owner bought a blue 71 GT new with a I think blue interior but wrecked it, I think that he bought this with a I think black interior and then recreated his old car. Just my 2 cents

Its cool non the less, I'd love to own this and drive it as- is! We need to be careful sometimes, some sellers might resort to extremes :wtf::lol: just saying.

I am sure this is one going machine. However, it is NOT a GT Looks like a Sport Fury that someone tried to make a clone sort of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back