For Sale Not Mine 1973 Dodge Monaco 6 passenger wagon - $3750 - Santa Maria, Calif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Credits to @Corbin for spotting this wagon still for sale on CL now for $2750

CL Description
1972 Dodge Monaco 6 passenger wagon
440 CID V8 runs good. Probably the 230 HP model Not quite a driver yet.
Minimal rust/dents
A/C P/W
Great restoration project. Very low production only 2569 ever built!
Asking $2750 OBO SOLD ON A BILL OF SALE
00c0c_58igTd2rgRFz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly Jeff. I’m perfectly fine with my car looking like a very clean ten year old used car. Not at all interested in the full 100% resto showroom look. Or the expense.

If you drove this wagon around town with it looking exactly like it does now, it would still get tons of compliments. All sorts of strangers at gas stations will have stories for you. The youth of today don't have the typical stigmas of station wagons, and it brings back fond memories for the people that used to.
The fact that it's optioned with a 440 is just icing on the cake!

What about that 59 Plymouth sitting next to the wagon that’s partially covered ?
It’s listed in the ad for sale at $1850.
That’s a good price even if using as a parts car

In AZ a bonded title is pretty easy to get. A few trips to MVD and get and pay for a bond and you're good to go. Did it once on a 69 Polara. I think the bond cost me around $50. After I think 3 years you could change the bonded title back to a regular title.

Titles can be had and pretty easy......
@BLIMP showed how to obtain a Vermont title a while back..

Vermont won't issue a title for vehicles over a certain age, I think it's 25 years. They use what's called registration ownership. The back of the registration papers has a form that you fill out when you sell your vehicle, just as you would a title.

:bs_flag: I looked at the Vermont process for a friend.... Ain't that easy.

If printing out some paperwork from the Vermont DMV, printing out the value of your vehicle from the Kelly blue book website, filling it out, and sending a check in the mail is too difficult...then yeah, it ain't easy.
20200302_130151.jpg

Haven't registered it in Illinois, I told myself the plate is good for a year, let's see how it goes. I even had a police officer run the plates after being stopped, and they didn't have a problem with the out of state plates. As far as I'm concerned I'm just going to renew these plates for $23 and keep driving it.
But if for some reason I had to register it here in IL, I'd take the 100% legal paperwork in and let them take care of it. I'm not doing anything illegal, the vehicle has a clear history and I've followed the law.

Haven't registered it in Illinois, I told myself the plate is good for a year, let's see how it goes. I even had a police officer run the plates after being stopped, and they didn't have a problem with the out of state plates. As far as I'm concerned I'm just going to renew these plates for $23 and keep driving it.
But if for some reason I had to register it here in IL, I'd take the 100% legal paperwork in and let them take care of it. I'm not doing anything illegal, the vehicle has a clear history and I've followed the law.
A beautiful loophole!

A beautiful loophole!
Right, it's nice to have an option if you've got an honest to goodness clear vehicle. Another note, I believe Vermont is the only state in which it's legal to register a vehicle and not be a resident. Was kinda strange to see the Vermont paperwork and my Illinois address, but hey if they're ok with it, so am I.

Right, it's nice to have an option if you've got an honest to goodness clear vehicle. Another note, I believe Vermont is the only state in which it's legal to register a vehicle and not be a resident. Was kinda strange to see the Vermont paperwork and my Illinois address, but hey if they're ok with it, so am I.

I believe you can in California too, or at least you could 15 years ago.

Jeff

Glad it worked out for now. My friend is in Australia so that's a whole different set of circumstances.

Almost impossible to ship a vehicle without a Title.

Last edited:
I believe you can in California too, or at least you could 15 years ago.

Jeff

If you know the "right" language to put in the writeup and the vehicle is not on record in CA, then it is doable, but the vehicle must be inspected and usually by the CA Highway Patrol. There are a number of steps and a lot of paperwork but it is doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back