SOLD Not Mine 1979 Dodge Magnum XE T-Top Coupe - $11,499 - Nashua, N.H.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
Contact seller
1979 Dodge Magnum XE T-Top Coupe - $11,499 - Nashua, New Hampshire

FB Description
1979 Dodge Magnum XE Rare Car! Original body was a 318 2bbl. Currently has a newer rebuilt 360 4BBL (I still have the original 318) Auto on the floor, bucket seats, all power driver seat, trunk release, door locks, windows, cruise control, PS, PB, A/C - sure grip, T-tops (don’t leak), Solid, No Rust. 4 owner car and only 86,000 original miles. Great driver, have lots of documents going back to the dealer, original window sticker. Too much to list - invested $22,000, have all repair receipts. Also, extra parts asking $11,499 or Best offer. Serious buyers only. Listing for my father in law. Car and owner are located in Nashua NH
79Magnum2.jpg
79Magnum0.jpg
79Magnum7.jpg
79Magnum8.jpg
79Magnum6.jpg
79Magnum5.jpg
79Magnum3.jpg
79Magnum1.jpg
79Magnum4.jpg
79Magnum9.jpg

"invested $22,000, have all repair receipts. Also, extra parts asking $11,499"

Apparently, none of that investment went towards cleaning the body.

I love Rallye wheels, but they just look wrong on this car.

Some people can tell by the tail lights if this is a 1978 or 1979 but I think it might be a 1978. Power seats were not available on the Cordoba in 1979 because the bump that was needed for the driver-side CAT on the Chrysler 300 intruded so much that it did not leave room for the power seat mechanism. So, if Chrysler used the same floor plan for the Cordoba and Magnum in 1979 then this would be a 1978. Also, the interior looks more maroon than the infamous RED that was used in 1979. Although it does have the 1979 master cylinder...
Otherwise I really like the car!

The Chrysler Cordoba 300 could not have power seats for the reason listed. BUT I put a factory dual converter exhaust system under my bench seat '80 Newport with just a bit of repositioning of the pipes. The cat converter is closer to the floor pan than it would be stock, but no appearance of "heat issues" on the factory undercoat. This car would have the same front floor section as my Newport does (I suspect). This car was a single exhaust car to start with. The Cordoba 300s and similar factory dual exhaust 360HO cars (St. Regis and Chryslers) had that hump for the cat converter/heat shield clearance.

Nice looking car. The Rallyes should be the same as the Charger SE had, which are 15x6.5 wheels. The Magnum GT wheels might look better, in character, or the W23s. I'd just change the center caps on the Rallyes and let it be.

Hope it finds a good home. Unfortunately, rarity does not always equate into added value.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

The Interior is 79, tail lights as well. I owned a white with red Interior 1978 T-top Magnum brand new.Rallys were an option. the styled rallyes were better looking.

The '79 Cordoba 300 could not have power seats because of dual exhaust. This Magnum has dual exhaust, but it doesn't appear to be factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back