For Sale NOT MINE - 1989 Ram 4x4 12V Cummins Diesel Dually

Status
Not open for further replies.

shooter65

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm loving this truck, not the price, but the truck! FYI, this site only allows 1 pic.

1989 Ram 4x4 12V Cummins Diesel Dually

2020061600581220e5153d80b0cc74b7505cd07b87c5d4.regular.jpg

Asking Price: $25,000.00
For Sale: Very Hard To Find, First Year 1989 Dodge Ram, Regular Cab, 4x4, Dually, 12V Cummins Turbo Diesel, 5 Speed Manual. Rust Free Garage Kept. Runs, Sounds, Drives Excellent! 80+ Year Old Man Owned From 1989-2020. He Retired In 1989 And He & His Wife Pulled A Camper Around The Country In The Summers. Mostly Original Except For Freight Liner Truck Air Seats... Odometer Shows 86,000 But It Is A 5 Digit & I Was Told It Turned Over. Truck Is A True Head Turner! True Classic! $25,000 Serious Inquires Only

Elkland, PA

I'm big into 1st Gen trucks and I can assure you that the price of these cummins trucks is a lot higher then most think, and only going up year after year. That might be a tad on the high side, but that truck has what most people are looking for in a 1st Gen truck....4wd, 5spd and in excellent original condition...think it is a solid $20K truck to be honest.

I could see it if it was extended cab. Single cab hurts it.
When a new equivalent is $75k...

Extended cab or regular cab....depends on the buyer, and region as Furious points out...but not enough to hurt the value too much. 89's in this condition are very few and far between, and the fact that it's a black truck and a dually doesn't hurt the value at all.

Hard to put a price on enthusiasm. But from an outside perspective, the guys building diesel trucks do not hesitate to spend massive cash. They can drop up to 10k for the wheels and tires on a dually.

On a full build out look at the split, I try to indentify that in most things in life out of curiosity if for no other reason. Start with a 12k truck or a 24k truck at the end of the 70k build you probably saved the 12k split with the better truck or a good portion of it.
This is why so many perfect model A fords got parted out to build hot rods. It was far cheaper to buy a nice original car than use a field car.

Well it has leaf springs in front. That's worth 5k over the next gen Dodges. The 5 speed will kick the dog pee out of a Torqueflite in this era. The wheelbase of a bigger cab would help the ride. In reality who the hell is buying a real pick up truck for ride..... see the 75k new truck.
That truck has diesel noise, harsh ride, and with some muffler delete, it will let the non essentials they just got past by someone with a purpose.

I member on one of the 1st Gen boards I'm on had a grandfather who was talking to him about his old cummins truck and the rough ride and said something along the lines of, "If the truck rides like a car then it is probably built like a car, if it rides like a tractor then it is most likely built like a tractor."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back