NOT MINE NOT MINE!!!!! 67 newport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it may not need anything more than an owner. Lot's of alumni pool funds and build as bus or rv for game day. This beats the hell out of a bus. I have more brain damage about the entire concept of grown *** men obsessed with school yard games than the goofy vehicles the super fans build.
If your an LSU fan you could put a flame thrower kit in the exhaust and cook hot dogs at the tailgate party.

As it has an LA motor, that could well mean that the orig 440(?) and trans went into something else? Which would have made it a rolling chassis residing "somewhere it didn't need to be". IF that's the case, the perp who did the deal of making it what we see here a decent individual, with some college pride. Possibly one of the LSU alums might buy and drive it? Or LSU might use it in some homecoming parades? Several possibilities. In which cases, it's correctness might not be that big of a deal.

On the other hand, it's ultimate value will depend upon "correctness", which many of us care about too. Yet to many in the general public, "it's an old car" and little more.

Hope it finds a good home that will cherish it for what it is, or make it what it CAN be, or used to be, again. With good insurance coverage.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

82D134E7-8C14-4B81-84CF-BDB618276255.png
Ok on a serious note I know this is not a Chris Craft Runabout but maybe we could work out a trade on this (not mine). Not sure what it is but it does have a Mopar paint job....

th?id=OIP.jpg

i don't think it's too bad when you take it in the context of the van craze.

View attachment 374611
i don't think it's too bad when you take it in the context of the van craze.

As much as I would love to attempt to airbrush an awesome mural of a warlock blasting lightening from his staff while a half naked lady lays beside him clutching his leg.. I don't really want a van for any other reason. That and that is where my wife says the line is. No vans. But I have not let her in on the vision of the mural. I'm sure that will bring her around.

However, I will be doing a 70's style street freak panel paint job. Period. Don't care what she says. I'm doing it when I find the right car. Maybe a Duster or a Cordoba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back