For Sale Not Mine- F3 Green 1973 Fury Suburban 9-Passenger Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportFury70

Reaction score
Contact seller
Saw this on Moparts today and thought it was rather interesting, it is not mine BUT kinda wish it was for the current $550 price tag. Guess you could call it a "barn find" as it has been sitting for 25 years. It has a clear California title but the downside is that it is in non operatable status with the dmv according to the ad. It is a GF3 green on green 1973 Fury Suburban 9 passenger wagon with a 400 engine. is The ad is on Feebay. I just wonder how the chassis and floors are as I know they rotted BADLY. Why are the windows fogged up too? Anyhow here is the ad for it......

1973 Plymouth Fury | eBay

e wag 1.jpg
e wag 2.jpg
e wag 3.jpg
e wag 4.jpg
e wag 5.jpg
e wag 6.jpg
e wag 7.jpg

Looks like it has potential. I think the non op deal only pertains to California. My understanding is if you register it as non op with the state you do not have to pay registration while it is off the road. If you park it for 25 years and do not renew the tags the States assumes you have been screwing them out of their registration fee and you are required to pay back fees to get current tags.
I do not believe it is a lien on the vehicle if moved out of state but is as such if bought and sold within California.

9 passenger wagons are always cool. Sorry for the brief hijack of your thread. @ayilar, V5X black vinyl insert trim. Another example of what this option was, although on a 73 Suburban instead of a NYB.

PH46, would this have been a Custom Suburban? I don't see any badging. It looks like the badging has been taken off and the holes covered. I wonder if there is more bondo then meets the eye.

s-l1600.jpg

It looks like it could have been the brochure car.

1973_Plymouth_Wagons_Rev-04-05.jpg

9 passenger wagons are always cool. Sorry for the brief hijack of your thread. @ayilar, V5X black vinyl insert trim. Another example of what this option was, although on a 73 Suburban instead of a NYB.

thank you. As you noted though, Plymouth not NYer

def a 3 seat custom suburban, missing the rear side custom suburban nameplates.
custom suburbans had wheel opening moldings, and the long trim plate across the gate, suburbans had neither.
also you couldnt get a suburban with 3 seats, only on sport & custom suburbans...

heres a suburban

5235699258_f1a9900e69_b.jpg

PH46, would this have been a Custom Suburban? I don't see any badging. It looks like the badging has been taken off and the holes covered. I wonder if there is more bondo then meets the eye.

The holes are there, just hard to see. I can see the faint outline of the nameplate on the right quarter, which has been repainted below the trim, so there may be some mud in that side. Nameplates on the artist's renderings in the brochure are too high.

Jeff

Looks like it has potential. I think the non op deal only pertains to California. My understanding is if you register it as non op with the state you do not have to pay registration while it is off the road. If you park it for 25 years and do not renew the tags the States assumes you have been screwing them out of their registration fee and you are required to pay back fees to get current tags.
I do not believe it is a lien on the vehicle if moved out of state but is as such if bought and sold within California.

You have it backwards. In California, if you fail to change the registration to "non-op" when you let a car sit without renewing the registration, you are on the hook for all the years that you didn't pay when you put the car back in service. If you sell the car to a resident of California, the new owner is on the hook for all the back registration fees when he tries to register the car. If the car sells to an out of state buyer, no fees are owed. Many old cars in California get scrapped because they sit for years without being changed to non-op and no locals will buy them due to the hundreds of dollars in back fees owed on the cars. The only salvation is out of state buyers and many sellers don't think of marketing to them or don't want the hassle. So "non-op" is a good thing, and that's why you will see it mentioned in many adds for CA cars.

Jeff

You have it backwards. In California, if you fail to change the registration to "non-op" when you let a car sit without renewing the registration, you are on the hook for all the years that you didn't pay when you put the car back in service. If you sell the car to a resident of California, the new owner is on the hook for all the back registration fees when he tries to register the car. If the car sells to an out of state buyer, no fees are owed. Many old cars in California get scrapped because they sit for years without being changed to non-op and no locals will buy them due to the hundreds of dollars in back fees owed on the cars. The only salvation is out of state buyers and many sellers don't think of marketing to them or don't want the hassle. So "non-op" is a good thing, and that's why you will see it mentioned in many adds for CA cars.

Jeff
Looks like we said precisely the same thing.

I had a 73 Custom Sport Suburban. Was not a 9 pax, but had side paneling stickers. 360, A/C. Don't remember much else from back in 1988. Was my first car

I had a 73 Custom Sport Suburban. Was not a 9 pax, but had side paneling stickers. 360, A/C. Don't remember much else from back in 1988. Was my first car

Just a tip, Custom and Sport Suburbans were different models. Do you remember the color of your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back