For Sale Not Mine - Great Part For Those Of Us That Trailer Our MOPARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
A friend of mine came up with what I feel is a great idea and a great part/tool for those of us who trailer our MOPARS including our C Bodies.

I have been towing C Bodies for more than 20 years and one of the difficult parts of securing a C Body to the trailer, at least for me, has been securing a tow strap to the rear of the car. Historically I have always carefully routed an axle strap around the rear axle between the springs and the brake backing plate and under the rear brake line. If you have done this, you know what a pain in the a$$ it is to get under the car and do this, especially once the car is on the trailer.

No more pain in the a$$ strapping down the rear of your MOPAR with this kit. This kit contains a heavy duty machined bracket and mounting nuts. You simply attach this bracket to the rear axle leaf spring U-Bolts as shown in the photos below and now you have a strap anchor that is accessible and ties the rear of your MOPAR down by the suspension so the body of the car can move with bumps in the road and you don't have any problem with the straps going slack like you would if you tied down the car by the frame.

The photos are of a these brackets installed on a B Body but they fit perfect on one of my '68 Sport Furys.

These will fit most A, B, C & E Body MOPARS. $60.00 + Priority Mail Shipping if purchased direct. (East cost shipping runs about $10.00).

To purchase these, email Randy @ mrrandyj@aol.com

Alternatively, you can buy these from Randy on eBay:

DODGE PLYMOUTH REAR TRAILER TIE DOWN BRACKETS CUDA CHARGER CHALLENGER DART HEMI | eBay

I hope that you agree that this is a great product.

Bill
Trailer Tie Down Bracket Installation Kit Contents.jpg
Trailer Tie Down Bracket Installed View from Underneath.jpg
Trailer Tie Down Bracket Installed.jpg
Trailer Tie Down Bracket Installed Showing Strap Attached.jpg
Trailer Tie Down Brackets Installed Showing Straps Attached.jpg

I really like these and if I trailer-ed cars more, I'd buy a set. Probably overkill but I'd add lock washers just to be safe.

upload_2020-4-10_12-58-12.png

If you see the BoaB on a trailer...there is a problem,LOL!!
Great idea though,thanks for sharing!!

Those are a nice solution for a car that's towed often. We would often bolt a couple links of chain to the U-bolt and clip our chain binders (yea, back before straps) to the link.

If I had kept my trailer, I was going to get tire bonnets and anchor to the outside of the trailer. I have a hard time crawling under the trailer these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back