For Sale Not Mine White-Maroon 1976 New Yorker 2 Door-$4,355 eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

77newyorker440

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looks like a pretty straight car to me. However, it does have the controversial ATCII. Two days left in the auction, I predict the price going around $8,000-$10,000.

1976 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham - $4,355 - 22 bids - Not Mine
eBay Auction - Reserve Not Met - 2 days left

1976 Chrysler New Yorker | eBay
440, 727 Torqueflite, ATCII, St. Regis Model

Description:
1976 Chrysler New Yorker finished in White and maroon. Paint shows its age and looks to be original. Vinyl top is in nice shape. Chrome and brightwork in this car is in good shape. Powered by the 440 V8 that is paired with an automatic transmission. This was purchased out of an estate before coming to us. 46,000 miles on the odometer which is believed to be original, cannot confirm. Nicely equipped with power steering, power brakes, and A/C. A/C was not blowing cold, components are there. Some things this car could use includes: muffler, valve cover gaskets, drivers window gears, and passenger wiper. Comes with window gear set to fix that. Maroon leather split bench seat with shifter on the column. Dual power seats are functioning and headliner in nice shape. Alternator, temp, clock, headlight doors, and fuel gauge are functioning. Radio is inop.

Give us a call at 507-386-1726 or email "sales@uniquemankato.com" to inquire about this vehicle.
TRADES WILL BE CONSIDERED AND FINANCING IS AVAILABLE

This particular vehicle IS ELIGIBLE for an extended warranty! Ask us for more details!

MN residents are responsible for tax, license and title procurement fees. Out of state buyers will only have a $125 Title Procurement fee, no tax or other fees charged.

Photos:

s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500 (2).jpg

s-l500 (3).jpg

s-l500.jpg

For starters, on the bright side, this appears to be a solid car that seems rust free, save for some surface rust on the underside. This car has a lot of stuff that suggests to me that it is a 146k car. Front seat shows more wear than would be expected on a low mileage car, driver's side carpet is also worn thru. Would also expect the radio to still work at that mileage. Master cylinder is an aftermarket replacement. Rotted out exhaust is common on low mileage cars that are driven a lot of short trips, but the muffler currently on the car does not appear to be a stock muffler. "Paint shows it age" suggests dull paint, not expected on a garaged low mileage car. Non working ATC II, also not a surprise at any mileage. Underside has been freshly cleaned up as has the engine compartment. Road wheels have splined center caps, not correct for this car. Nobody in their right mind will pay $12.9k for this car and it appears to be worth about the current bid of $4355 and even that might be on the high side.

Dave

It's been in Minnesota for a while.....Front seats are fair. I'd have to see underneath the car. He'll start to realize he's got a car that at best is $5-$6 grand.... if that!

thats 2nd or 3 time it:s run on e-bay
One day people might learn that eBay will set the price. The high bid on any one auction will not go drastically up if the car is re-listed. I saw one car get relisted for two years! The bid never went more than $400 higher than a previous auction.

One day people might learn that eBay will set the price. The high bid on any one auction will not go drastically up if the car is re-listed. I saw one car get relisted for two years! The bid never went more than $400 higher than a previous auction.

What makes you think eBay was the cause of it? Maybe whatever it got too was all the market wanted to spend.

What makes you think eBay was the cause of it? Maybe whatever it got too was all the market wanted to spend.
Read what I was responding to: "thats 2nd or 3 time it:s run on e-bay"

I'm not thinking anything; I'm responding to a comment.

Read what I was responding to: "thats 2nd or 3 time it:s run on e-bay"

I'm not thinking anything; I'm responding to a comment.

What’s got you in such a touchy mood?

I can read and understood that it’s run multiple times. Question still stands.

If you understand, then there is no reason for a question.

I asked a simple question.

Why do you think eBay controls or limits a max price when a vehicle is reposted? That’s what I understood you to be asserting.

I seek first to understand.

I asked a simple question.

Why do you think eBay controls or limits a max price when a vehicle is reposted? That’s what I understood you to be asserting.

I seek first to understand.
I didn't say eBay, as an entity, controls or limits anything. I said "eBay will set the price." Meaning, the people who bid via eBay will set the price. If a car is listed, and the seller wants 12 grand, but never gets a bid above 6,500, reposting that car is not going to gain an additional 6 thousand in bids. It's just not going to happen. The same people who bid the first time are going to be the ones bidding the second time.

I attempted to sell some antiques via eBay for a Senior couple I knew. They had some beautiful stuff. First set of china I listed got a bid of $1,500; I thought it was a great offer. But the man, who watched "Antiques Roadshow" religiously, just KNEW his stuff was worth twice that. So, no sale, and he wanted me to relist it. After the third relist I finally told him the most he was going to get was 1500, and I was tired of relisting his stuff. He was not going to get 3 grand for his china. He knew what they brought on Antiques roadshow.

A lot like people listing cars that they see go for ungodly prices at Barrett-Jackson. eBay is not BJ.

The man died. After his death his widow asked me if I would try to sell her stuff again. I did, and got her some $4,500 for some of her sets. She was quite pleased as she needed the money!

"eBay set the price." That's what I mean.

I didn't say eBay, as an entity, controls or limits anything. I said "eBay will set the price." Meaning, the people who bid via eBay will set the price. If a car is listed, and the seller wants 12 grand, but never gets a bid above 6,500, reposting that car is not going to gain an additional 6 thousand in bids. It's just not going to happen. The same people who bid the first time are going to be the ones bidding the second time.

I attempted to sell some antiques via eBay for a Senior couple I knew. They had some beautiful stuff. First set of china I listed got a bid of $1,500; I thought it was a great offer. But the man, who watched "Antiques Roadshow" religiously, just KNEW his stuff was worth twice that. So, no sale, and he wanted me to relist it. After the third relist I finally told him the most he was going to get was 1500, and I was tired of relisting his stuff. He was not going to get 3 grand for his china. He knew what they brought on Antiques roadshow.

A lot like people listing cars that they see go for ungodly prices at Barrett-Jackson. eBay is not BJ.

The man died. After his death his widow asked me if I would try to sell her stuff again. I did, and got her some $4,500 for some of her sets. She was quite pleased as she needed the money!

"eBay set the price." That's what I mean.

Well you didn’t say it clearly the first time, hence the question.

The market is setting the price, not eBay, that I agree with.

By the way, that's how I got my Newport. Seller was wanting a lot more than the bids that were coming in. I finally called him and we worked a deal. I told him he was not going to get what he wanted, nor would he see much more than was being bid.

By the way, that's how I got my Newport. Seller was wanting a lot more than the bids that were coming in. I finally called him and we worked a deal. I told him he was not going to get what he wanted, nor would he see much more than was being bid.

Good on you. Nice acquisition too.

Good on you. Nice acquisition too.
Well, because he was willing to wait until I came up with the money, I gave him what he wanted. (Took two months; had to sell the New Yorker as well.) It was too much, but I still have the car 17 years later! :)

Im glad to see a car so nice for sale in Minnesota, it's nice when we don't have to travel 10-20 hours to pick up a solid car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back