OK you truckers...

I wonder if a CDL is required since it has air brakes......unless it's considered a RV or a motor home which don't require a CDL???
I think it may. I've been told they are not considered an RV, and are cheaper to register and insure. No idea how accurate that is, just what I heard.

Those are usually registered as an RV. Up here a CDL isn't necessary, but the air brake endorsement is.
Down here and in many states, any ******* can drive one with any car license... the trailer better be under 10k GVWR though or any cop could have their way with you... around here only the staties seem to be educated about mechanical things enough to play with you.

Hell I still haven't seen any traffic enforcement for about a decade... even though I know it probably happens to someone, we have some lamebrained semi-covid related additional local cops on night shift... makes it hard to park for a 4am donut.
Almost every new truck that is part of a company's fleet is governed at some rediculous low speed like 67 mph plus or minus. Just last night I was driving on a long empty section of a two lane devided highway with a posted 65mph limit.
I was stuck for miles behind two trucks in both lanes. They were fleet trucks.
One was maxed out at 67 and the other one trying to pass him was governed at 68. I can recognize these things.
You can't believe the frustration being stuck behind them for eternity.
This is a part of my daily commute 1-5 days a week. Better still, I really really love the DHs who want to enjoy the full amount of time they can squeeze out of every gear at stoplights. The intersection at the pipeline determines my route home, because an empty fuel truck headed to the yard ALWAYS insists on being the only vehicle through his light cycle. If he's not the front vehicle, he will creep to the intersection for another cycle, and it will be red before he crosses the stop line on the cycle he goes.
Fixed it for you.

All the regulations and driver controls will do no good if the driver can walk or get fired and go down the street and make the same money. If they paid well and a driver has something to lose the attitude will improve. These companies spend big bucks on cameras outside and inside the trucks with anytime access, data logging (throttle percent, brake pressures, quick steering inputs), satallite tracking, never a thought if we just price the driver out of leaving they will not need to watch them every second.
I should not say " never a thought" they probably have thought it, but it is not their business model. Their business model is driver grinder, throw them in, use them up, grab the next one in line. You get what you pay for.

Gotta call BS... the DHs they get will not improve. They would be able to attract a better class of mammal to operate the truck though, and that would have positive effect. The DHs in the cab now, will remain as they are... I'm sure its a terminal condition.

Down here and in many states, any ******* can drive one with any car license... the trailer better be under 10k GVWR though or any cop could have their way with you... around here only the staties seem to be educated about mechanical things enough to play with you.

Good to see you back. I thought you got lost somewhere.

Good to see you back. I thought you got lost somewhere.
Thank you... work... dangerously close to accomplishing a few things around here... I just started being a little more productive in the mornings. :lol:

FB_IMG_1616612629726.jpg

Back