One for Pontiac Jim

Triple Pickle

Reaction score
My Brother inlaw passed away this week. His name was Jim, and when I saw Pontiac Jim on this forum I was always reminded of him. This was his beloved GTO. It was driven behind the hearse to his final resting place.
He was the kind of man you could trust 100% without a doubt. Not many people you can say that about these days.

B8218927-80E7-42FA-BBA4-A0F7DC95FD0E.jpeg

ED61DF0A-770E-4A19-8AD4-E0C515475BF3.jpeg

Sorry to learn of your loss. My condolences.

CBODY67

Thank you all very much. Here’s a couple more pics. Through the years, I tried foolishly to get him to take the Tri-power setup off when it would be problematic and put a single 4bbl on it. He would hear nothing of it. Three dueces and a 4-speed 389 is all would settle for.

FCCA880E-5F77-40E5-91E9-0B37BA5E0F4B.jpeg

46617BBC-1122-4C65-83D7-4FA910FC11EC.jpeg

Sorry for your loss. Will the GTO get passed down? My cousin has his late father's 67 GTO. It's nice to know the car bug lives on.

Sorry for your loss. Will the GTO get passed down? My cousin has his late father's 67 GTO. It's nice to know the car bug lives on.
It’s not going anywhere soon. My sister went to the prom in that car when it was new. When she wants to go somewhere her grandson will be driving her there in the GTO.

My condolences as well. Glad to hear his beloved car will be kept in the family. I can only imagine how I would've turned out without my car guy neighbour who's pride and joy was a '66 GTO ragtop, tri carb, 389, four speed. How could a curious kid resist?

Sorry for your loss. Nice tribute having his GTO follow the hearse to his final resting place. I hope his family will hold on to this heirloom for many years to come.

Back