Outstanding 1958 Imperial Time Capsule

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
The 1958 Imperials are one of my favorite models along with the 1960 models. This 1958 Imperial Southampton is in stunning original condition. This is the way to buy these given the costs and difficulty of restoring one of them, and would cost far less as well. This one is the most "new" looking one I have seen in some time.

1958 Chrysler Imperial 2 door | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Item specifics
Condition: Used Year: 1958
Mileage: 46342 Engine: 392 HEMI V8
Number of Cylinders: 8 Model:
Imperial
Transmission: Automatic For Sale By: Private Seller
Fuel Type: Gasoline Trim: 2 door
Vehicle Title: Clear Make: Chrysler
Number of Doors: 2 Door Drive Type: RWD
Body Type: Coupe Options: Wonder bar radio
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty Power Options: Power Seat, power steering, power brakes

1958 Chrysler Imperial 2 door Hard top, 392 Hemi and automatic transmission with 46,342 original miles. This beautiful Chrysler Imperial has its original paint, original interior, and original Hemi engine with power steering and brakes. Everything works- radio, lights, gauges. All original except the exhaust. Carb has been rebuilt. This car has been garage keep all its life. For more info 740-372-0350 from 8-5 EST.

Last edited:
I was looking at the description and pictures and guessed 35k...….the cars color may not let him obtain 40k.

I was looking at the description and pictures and guessed 35k...….the cars color may not let him obtain 40k.

Gosh Pete, I actually like the color - it seems much like the color "honeydew" that was used on the 1971 Imperial models. It also seems to me that a car in such pristing condition deserves at least $40K. But the interested parties in a car like this are diminishing fast it seems. If I were motivated by only money, I should have sold my Forward Look cars about 10 years ago, but I just can't seem to let them go. I just like them way too much. So my trustee can gnash his teeth when I am gone..................... :p

A great car! Sometimes, "color" can be a double-edged sword. A red or blue metallic might not have aged as well as the color it has on it. Although when new, with the metallic flakes reflecting brightly, they'd look fantastic, but after those metallic flakes start going away, the non-metallic colors usually look better. As this color does. Plus the lighter non-metallic colors usually don't show "fade" nearly as much as the darker colors might. Two different ways to look at the "color" thing.

In used cars, though, you take the colors you can find on the best cars you can find. With only a good wax job to make them look their absolute best.

That interior looks like they just took off the OEM plastic covers after it arrived at the dealership, when new! Amazing! It's definitely led a sheltered and gently-used life. Well cared for, too.

Thanks for sharing those pictures and information!

CBODY67

Odd that is has crank windows.
Nice car and you cannot restore one today for the opening bid.

Sometime in the not too distant future I'll be looking for a forward look survivor just like that one.If I was looking today,I'd definitely be in contact with the seller of that one.Love the color combo and the amazing original condition.

A great car! Sometimes, "color" can be a double-edged sword. A red or blue metallic might not have aged as well as the color it has on it. Although when new, with the metallic flakes reflecting brightly, they'd look fantastic, but after those metallic flakes start going away, the non-metallic colors usually look better. As this color does. Plus the lighter non-metallic colors usually don't show "fade" nearly as much as the darker colors might. Two different ways to look at the "color" thing.

In used cars, though, you take the colors you can find on the best cars you can find. With only a good wax job to make them look their absolute best.

That interior looks like they just took off the OEM plastic covers after it arrived at the dealership, when new! Amazing! It's definitely led a sheltered and gently-used life. Well cared for, too.

Thanks for sharing those pictures and information!

CBODY67

I agree with your comment that the seats look like they just took off the plastic cover from new. With over 40K miles on the car, I would expect the driver seat area to at least show some looseness to the fabric and a foam cushion that has sunk some from someone sitting there over a 62 year period. It says all original interior, but I guess that could also mean that the seat foam and seat material have been redone with original fabric from SMS and redone to original appearance. I am tempted to call the one listing the car and ask them if that is the case. I have a hard time believing that at least some of the interior has never been redone.

It also appears the spare tire might also be the original one given the markings still on it.

Very Very nice original Imperial !
Since it is not a Crown it is a "Entry level" 2dr. with 1801 built !
Is the body plate supposed to be black ?

Very Very nice original Imperial !
Since it is not a Crown it is a "Entry level" 2dr. with 1801 built !
Is the body plate supposed to be black ?

Yes, the upscale Crown (or Le Baron) models would have had power windows and other options as standard. But the paucity of options on this car also means less trouble/maintenance over time too that adds to the enjoyment factor. I was also wondering whether the body code plate should be black?? Seems it should not.............

Back then, not too many drive-thru places, so with factory a/c, not many reasons to lower the windows anyway. But there were still car hops and window trays. Or might a "sit down" venue have been more appropriate for an Imperial owner back then?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I still remember the first time seeing one of these cars, I was working my summer job in high school....probably around 1988-89 or so and I was mowing lawns. I saw one of these sitting outside a town house complex, I distinctly remember the spare tire in the trunk lid, cool rocket type taillights and the heavy brow quad headlights.

I actually like the color - it seems much like the color "honeydew" that was used on the 1971 Imperial models.
I gotta disagree with you on the color Steve. A guy in town here had/has a four door for sale here a while back in this color. It was just too much baby **** yellow to be seen all at once. Granted, this one looks nice in the pictures but when you see it in person and all that yellow.... yuch!

Back