parking light bulb install tip

John Reddie

Reaction score
This may have been done before but I thought I'd post it too. On my "67 Fury, the front parking light doesn't allow much room to push the 1157A bulb in and twist it to lock it in place. I was having a tough time and not getting anywhere so I thought about trying this method and it worked like a charm.
I took an 8" piece of 3/4" ID heater hose and put a 1/2" slit on each side. This will now slip over the top of the bulb but not completely over it. I was then able to push the bulb into its socket and twist it to lock. The rubber hose won't skid around and grips it just right.:thumbsup:
John
Z A hose bulb.jpg

This may have been done before but I thought I'd post it too. On my "67 Fury, the front parking light doesn't allow much room to push the 1157A bulb in and twist it to lock it in place. I was having a tough time and not getting anywhere so I thought about trying this method and it worked like a charm.
I took an 8" piece of 3/4" ID heater hose and put a 1/2" slit on each side. This will now slip over the top of the bulb but not completely over it. I was then able to push the bulb into its socket and twist it to lock. The rubber hose won't skid around and grips it just right.:thumbsup:
John
View attachment 422687

Thanks!

Great engineering!

Great idea and it does work. We do it at work with some of our pump motor indicator lamps. They are small bulbs in a recessed housing. We use 3/8 clear rubber tubing and it works like a charm.

Back