SOLD Parting out 1969 Chrysler New Yorker 4d

Status
Not open for further replies.
@saforwardlook might have interest in those wheelcovers.
Thanks for alerting me but those are similar but not the same as the optional wheel covers for 1970 and 1971 that I have had interest in. I think I actually have two sets of the optional ones now and that should be enough. Thanks again!

One needs to be careful when buying that mirror for the 1969 and 1970 models. Those mirrors will fit all body styles except the 23 style (two door hardtop). It you want one for a 23 model you need to get one only from a 23 model. Otherwise the cables going from the mirror to the inside control knob will be too short to get the inside control mounted properly in the door panel.

Since that mirror is mounted on a 4 door it will work for all other models including convertibles but not a 2 door hardtop.

You have been forewarned - I learned the hard way several years ago and haven't forgotten it.

One needs to be careful when buying that mirror for the 1969 and 1970 models. Those mirrors will fit all body styles except the 23 style (two door hardtop). It you want one for a 23 model you need to get one only from a 23 model. Otherwise the cables going from the mirror to the inside control knob will be too short to get the inside control mounted properly in the door panel.

Since that mirror is mounted on a 4 door it will work for all other models including convertibles but not a 2 door hardtop.

You have been forewarned - I learned the hard way several years ago and haven't forgotten it.
I appreciate the information , I did not know that . I looked just like the passenger one on my 300 that is missing the glass , so I bought it .
I'll figure it out when it gets here .
If it doesn't work , I'll put it back up on the block .

The damn bean counters relative to the 1969-70 models were a pain. They could have lengthened all the cables by some 3 inches and then they all would have fit all models. There were other effects of those savages on the instrument panels and some cheap cost cutting on the first two years (like just two small light bulbs to illuminate the cluster area that made it forever dim at night). I was in their Institute program where I was rotated through 8 departments over a 2 year period so I could make a good determination of where I wanted to go permanent. One of those assignments was the instrument panel lab. I rarely ever saw an engineer around and the techs did all the work in placing the various parts, not the engineers. Those techs did all their work from a mounted mock panel on a bench on a stand at each end. They also installed all the components from the BACK side, not the front, so I asked them why they did it that way since when in the car, techs in dealerships, etc. had to access the parts from the front of the panel when mounted in the car. The techs told me to go back to California where I came from using some derogatory terms. Just stupid and if you curse working on those models that was a major cause of the pain. I went to the chief engineer and complained about what I saw since I had a good rapport with him (Dick Goodwillie) and he let me make some changes to the 71 panels to improve them all in those respects. That is one of the reasons I favor the 1971 models over the 69-70 models including more upscale/comfortable seating too and more sound deadening. I eventually went permanent in the fuel systems lab so the techs wished me good riddance and in the following formals reeked real havoc there.

In 1971 only one part number for the outside rear view mirror on the driver side was used for all models and it eliminated a bunch of confusion. I hated the bean counters back in those days as they were rabid and didn't care about their really stupid moves at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back