For Sale Parting out 1973 imperial sedan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much I did not know that they were for the Imperial only I'm doing a disc brake conversion on a 66 fury I appreciate the information thank you
No problem. For your car you can use either 1972 or 1973 "C" body spindles. (The Imperial was a "D" body until 1974) The 1972 spindles use the same wheel bearings as your 1966 Fury, the 1973 spindles use larger wheel bearings and are getting scarce due to them being a one year only part. What ever year you decide you to use you will have to get the rotors and bearings for that year. The pads and calipers are the same for both years.
Next are you converting the car to a "Dual" braking system? if you are then I can help you with the parts you need for that part of it.
I have done this complete conversion on my 1966 300 so I can tell you what mistakes not to make.

No problem. For your car you can use either 1972 or 1973 "C" body spindles. (The Imperial was a "D" body until 1974) The 1972 spindles use the same wheel bearings as your 1966 Fury, the 1973 spindles use larger wheel bearings and are getting scarce due to them being a one year only part. What ever year you decide you to use you will have to get the rotors and bearings for that year. The pads and calipers are the same for both years.
Next are you converting the car to a "Dual" braking system? if you are then I can help you with the parts you need for that part of it.
I have done this complete conversion on my 1966 300 so I can tell you what mistakes not to make.
I am upgrading the master to a duel longer so I'm all ears when it comes to that project and I appreciate all your input thanks very much

Uh Oh.... Stan alert! I think you better handle this "D-Body" stuff Stan
Thank you for the heads-up. Spreadsheet to the rescue...

picsart_01-24-10-29-10-jpg.70096.jpg

Are the spindle still available I'm new to the site now I'm having a kind of a hard time figuring this thing out but I couldn't really tell if they were sold or not
No parts have been pulled from this car as yet. I will start doing that early September . Back surgery progressing slowly.

Does it have ATCII? If so what do you want for the servo? Also need the chrome around the left rear taillight, and the front wheel lip mouldings.
I have the moldings , i dont know what ATC2 IS .

Black monstrosity, mounted on the passenger side inner fender. Has about ten vacuum lines and wires hooked to the back of it. The two heater hoses run through the bottom of it.
And I might as well take the lens also. Mine has a tiny crack. I'll PM you
Thanks!

Last edited:
Back surgery progressing slowly.
I hope you're doing OK... one of my biggest fears is how seldom I hear of a "satisfied customer" in that business. I won't pull that trigger until the decision is made for me.

I hope you're doing OK... one of my biggest fears is how seldom I hear of a "satisfied customer" in that business. I won't pull that trigger until the decision is made for me.
Mrs. Big John's back surgery has been very successful.

My ex wife had back surgery (not quite as much repair, but not simple either) a few months before that and she is doing fine now too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back