Parts that you can make work

water valve.jpg

A couple problems.

First is the OEM valve is normally closed. That means that when there's no vacuum, there's no coolant running through the heater hose. HV1022 C is normally open.

Second issue is hose size. Chrysler used a combination of 1/2" and 5/8" hose. You can jam 1/2" on or use 5/8" and overtighten the clamps to make it work, but that's Mickey Mouse at best.
I did say one should consult their FSM for correct mode of operation as my OEM valve is normally open, which is the HV1022C. Normally closed would be HV1021C. :poke:

I'll agree on your point about the hose sizes though, but they have more valves available, maybe also with smaller ports. I just pointed these out as it's one I have. At that price and availability I thought it could be made to work. YMMV

A couple problems.

First is the OEM valve is normally closed. That means that when there's no vacuum, there's no coolant running through the heater hose. HV1022 C is normally open.

Second issue is hose size. Chrysler used a combination of 1/2" and 5/8" hose. You can jam 1/2" on or use 5/8" and overtighten the clamps to make it work, but that's Mickey Mouse at best.
Don't know John but my heating works as it should. I did change the hoses but no problem at all.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

anybody knows if there is a heater valve thats fits my 1971 Sport Fury (A/C) ? Can´t find a replacement right now....

View attachment 559094

View attachment 559095

Does one from this side may work? RockAuto (click me - filled in search parameters already) Can´t see why not because the functional part and "what it does" should be the same or am I missing something?
I bought the Everco one from Hilltop Auto 2 years ago and it works fine.

A couple problems.

Hey John, two questions. The vaccuum reservoir thats attached on the inner fender (wheelhouse) gets his vaccuum from what spot? Is it the small port thats right on the port for the brake booster vac port on the back of the intake manifold? And the heater valve is attached to the reservoir right?

The Heater valve is attached to the hose thats coming from the bigger lower sitting tube out of the waterpump housing. That´s the 5/8" hose if I am not mistaken. If it´s the 5/8" hose the tube from the aftermarket heater valve fit fine with that 5/8" hose.
Unbenannt.JPG

Last edited:
I did say one should consult their FSM for correct mode of operation as my OEM valve is normally open, which is the HV1022C. Normally closed would be HV1021C. :poke:
I didn't know that the Formals were like that, but since the question was about a '71 Fuselage and this thread is in the Fuselage section, it's important that we say what works in a fuselage.

I didn't know that the Formals were like that, but since the question was about a '71 Fuselage and this thread is in the Fuselage section, it's important that we say what works in a fuselage.
Apologies, I missed that

BTW whats the normal vacuum line size that are used for the heating system operations? Couldn´t find a size in the fsm. Is it 7/64" or more 5/32". Need to order couple feet.

Hey John, two questions. The vaccuum reservoir thats attached on the inner fender (wheelhouse) gets his vaccuum from what spot? Is it the small port thats right on the port for the brake booster vac port on the back of the intake manifold? And the heater valve is attached to the reservoir right?

The Heater valve is attached to the hose thats coming from the bigger lower sitting tube out of the waterpump housing. That´s the 5/8" hose if I am not mistaken. If it´s the 5/8" hose the tube from the aftermarket heater valve fit fine with that 5/8" hose.
View attachment 559505

I don't remember where they pick up the vacuum for the reservoir and I can't look at my car right now to say where mine is hooked up. I would expect that is the correct place though.

The heater valve gets vacuum from the dash control. There's a decent line diagram in the FSM.

BTW whats the normal vacuum line size that are used for the heating system operations? Couldn´t find a size in the fsm. Is it 7/64" or more 5/32". Need to order couple feet.
I don't know what the factory used. My car has "Let's see, what do I have in the cabinet that fits" vacuum hoses, so I really can't tell you.

Best to measure the vacuum nipples and purchase accordingly.

This bump stop works perfect for the lower glass bumper in the wagon tailgates. The retaining point fits the perfect in the tailgate slots. At least it did in my 1971.
CHR2898588_2000__37364.1619749782.150.150.jpg
Mopar B Body 72-74, Dodge Truck 72-93, C Body 69-71 Hood Bumper 2898588

CHR2898588

Brand: DMT

$2.95 USD​

Back