Passenger seat recline mechanism

Dixon

Reaction score
Greetings gurus. Does anyone have, or could provide a photo of just how the passenger seat recline lever is supposed to be attached to the cable? This one has not been connected since we bought the car but I re-foamed the seats this week and would like to try to get this working. It seems there should be a clevis or something more than just a pin or bolt. As a note, the seats are in a 1965 Newport but I'm pretty sure they are from a later model year so my service manual is no help. Thanks all,

IMG_4033.JPG

A clevis will have the proper heat treating to withstand the friction and not wear out or bind as easily. A bolt may not have that ability for as long...

A couple of decent washers to isolate the retaining pin and you're good to go. There may have been some sort of decorative cover over the whole shebang though... of that I am not sure.

A clevis will have the proper heat treating to withstand the friction and not wear out or bind as easily. A bolt may not have that ability for as long...

A couple of decent washers to isolate the retaining pin and you're good to go. There may have been some sort of decorative cover over the whole shebang though... of that I am not sure.
No doubt. There are plenty of trim pieces MIA. Thanks Ross.

Back