Pertronix Flame-Thrower Coil vs Ignition Ballast

Good news guys. I hooked back up the DARK BLUE 16 wire from the splice just below Alternator Regular running to The IGN pin on the Ignition switch to the + side of the coil. The + side of the coil has 3 wires connected to it. A RED wire from the Pertronix Ignitor, a Dark Brown 14 wire from the IGNITION SWITCH IGN2 pin and finally the DARK BLUE 16 wire from the splice just below the Alternator Regular off the DARK BLUE 16 wire. The - side has 2 wires hooked to it. The TACH which is the
IMG_0061.jpg
LIGHT GREEN 18 wire and the BLACK wire from the Pertronix Ignitor. (See Attached Drawing). As far as the Carburetor not getting gas is concerned. I pulled the gas line and hit the switch a couple of times and the fuel pump is installed correctly and is pumping gas. Hooked the gas line back up and I pumped the gas peddle a couple of times and turned the switch and it FIRED right off the bat with no hesitation and started running. I let it run for about 20 to 30 minutes to allow the engine to warn up and start circulating the oil and water through the engine. I would like to thank all of you for your replys and helpful suggestions that helped me to get my car back running again. Best regards and Blessings to all of you.

Thats great news! Now in hindsight you can see how if you jumped the ballast resistor, it would look stock and there wouldnt have been all this rewiring lol. Live and Learn!

I learned a few things myself. We're never to old to learn. I have the wire that runs from the IGN2 pin to the + side of the coil just kinda laying there temporarily. I'll fix it better here in the next day or two and change the oil and filter, clean it up and start driving it around. Again thank you guys for all your help.

Back