Plucked Chickens

Oh yeah? What did I buy from you? I dropped a fortune on that car. . . But when done, it's gonna be sweet.

I have an excellent start. Rust free except for a quarter size gole in the passenger floor. Found the leak so that's over.

You bought a pair of headlight bezels and turn signals assemblies. I didn't realize you had more than one 62.

Do 62 Chryslers fit in the C Body catagory? Interesting subject

Now I know... I hadn't been here for while, cause I couldn't find other plucked chickens... good to see another one :)
thewholelook.jpg

:faint:Oh my gosh that is a nice car........That is welcome in my garage anytime.........

I have an excellent start. Rust free except for a quarter size gole in the passenger floor. Found the leak so that's over.
I'm curious to know where the leak was in your car. I also have a leak, and I suspect it's at the wiper motors. That should be a fun fix... heh.

I'm curious to know where the leak was in your car. I also have a leak, and I suspect it's at the wiper motors. That should be a fun fix... heh.

On the 57 to 64, it's the seal between the heater box and the firewall. On those the wiper motor is internal. But the wiper transmissions could leak.

Actually, I found the Fusies tend to leak in the same place.

Just remove the box, pull the old seal out and replace it with some 3/8 neoprene soft seal rubber. It usually comes with an adheasive back. I got mine at JCWhitney

Last edited:
Letters?

I understand from this thread that 65 was the first year that Chrysler designated their full size cars as C-bodies. I didn't know that. Did they use A-body in 1960 for the Valiant compacts and B-body for the intermediates starting in 62 or did that start in 65 as well. Just interesting trivia. Gregg

good question , B bodies were around before 65 and so were A's but I don't know when they started.

That is true Stan. However, Chrysler did not have the letter designation until 1965 officially. It was probably a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks sitting in a meeting. "Ah the little body" "That mid size body" And some water boy came up with the Letter idea. :sad8:

Actually I think they did that because GM had the letter designition in 1963.

So the "D" started in 57' ?

Thanks Stan....unquestionably, a job well done!

I would say let them in. Even though the 1957-64 full-size Mopars were not classified as C-bodies,all of the C-bodies were full-size Mopars. Besides they were cool cars!

Back