Plymouth hood an trunk lettering

67 sport fury

Reaction score
I am looking to buy new hood an trunk lettering for my 1967 fury p-l-y-m-o-u-t-h. i believe its the same size letters for the hood an trunk just different spacing? Just wanted to know were would be a good place to buy them correct size an appearance.

I am looking to buy new hood an trunk lettering for my 1967 fury p-l-y-m-o-u-t-h. i believe its the same size letters for the hood an trunk just different spacing?

Correct, they are the same size but different spacing. They are making reproductions of these now too. I looked up a few places and prices for you and Murray Park has them for $60.00 BUT they are used, Roadkill Customs has them for $95.00 new, and Classic Industries has them for $129.00 new.

Yeah when you click on them on roadkill it takes you to ebay to buy it.

One little thing to be aware of- the repros are all similar but make sure you have the correct "M". They used both a symmetric & asymmetric "M" that had different pin arrangements. It's a subtle difference but an annoying one if you don't want to drill new holes.

Yes Comparing a 67 and 70 letter set they are different. The pins are different on M and every letter has a different cast in number and profile angle changes slightly.

So the obvious question, do they reproduce only one set and you make it fit, or do they repo both sets?

Yes Comparing a 67 and 70 letter set they are different. The pins are different on M and every letter has a different cast in number and profile angle changes slightly.

So the obvious question, do they reproduce only one set and you make it fit, or do they repo both sets?

A cursory check on ebay showed both varieties. When I bought repro sets years ago this wasn't the case so I bought 2 NOS M's which probably can't be done now.

Back