Polara Rear Quarter Panels

Russ

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you if the lower part of the rear quarter panels on a 4-Door car wold work on a 2-Door car?

I'm looking for the lower section inner and outer rear quarter's.

Help

4861.jpg

Thats a mean beast by the way Russ

Mainly behind the tires. Some in just in front. It is southern car and has the mud rust around the rear quarter panels.

Thank you for the comments. Take note of the 68 440HP exhaust manifolds. They are a good fit for 2-1/2" duel exhaust.

The HP manifolds have a 2 1/2 inch exit ... the stock manifolds have a 2 1/4.. Nice looking ride. What color was she originally?

I can see it looks like the metal is fabricated behind the rear wheels.

Russ I believe the metal behind the rear wheel will work but not in front of the wheel... This is speculation, I do not have a four door on hand to check

It was a lite blue and has blue interior. Someone did a bad sheet metal job on the rear fenders before the pain job. I have been doing all the mechanical work an diving the hell out of it. I have put 35K miles on it after I rebuilt the motor, trans, and suspension. Now I'm trying to collect parts to start a full redo of the body.

I do not know much about body work so I appreciate the help. to return the favor if you have any questions about power train or suspension let me know.

I worked as an engineer at Chrysler Trenton Engine plant for 18 years. This is where all the 426, 440, 400, & 383 were built and gained lot of knowledge working there about mopar power trains and suspension so I you have any question fell free to ask.

Obviously these are 71's but Im seeing the same metal behind the wheel. Hopefully our resident 69 guy will chime in

234950 2011 right.jpg

112806 right.jpg

118263 2004 rear.jpg

166663 2007  right rear 2.JPG

If this helps the rear wheel moldings are the same part number between two and four door I guess we could look up the molding number for the lower body molding of a Monaco and see if thats the same between the two

This is where all the 426, 440, 400, & 383 were built and gained lot of knowledge working there about mopar power trains and suspension so I you have any question fell free to ask.
I have several but I'll start another thread.

Most 4 door quarters can be used for patch panels. The trunk extensions and inner and outer wheel houses usually have the same part #'s . Wagons of course are unique...typically stretched behind the wheel. In my shop we just used a 4 door quarter to repair a hit 68 Polara 500 convertible...butt welded ...you can't tell now. Some non C's...68-70 Coronet 4drs for example use a different
shaped wheel opening which make them a poor choice for patch panels but with AMD you don't have to worry too much about B Body quarters any more. Good rule of thumb is as discussed above ..if the wheel opening mldg is the same part # 2 and 4 door then most likely wheel houses.extensions and partial quarters will interchange.

Thank you for the information. Now I can start looking for a 4-door parts car.

Do you do body work for a living or only as hobby?
Me....I sell parts.I have a couple of guys that do the mechanical and body work.This pic is a 70 300 convert we did.Drilled off the original quarter to get to all the hidden rust and used a 4 door quarter to repair the lower rear.
100_0145.JPG

If you come across some rear quarters for 69 Dodge C-Body let me know.

Back