pop ups ads

boltupal

Reaction score
Trying to delete old messages is impossible with all of your pop ups. I know remember why I stopped using this site years ago

We live in a world of advertisment. I rode this FCBO wave for free for a few years, got plenty of invaluable info and help from this site, and still do!
This site cannot exist with Gold Members alone as too many just ride the wave for free and will continue to do so, so hence the adds.
I recently became a Gold Member to support the site as I found myself being somewhat of a free loader getting all this treasure trove of C body knoledge, contacts, and the ability to pass on any help or info myself.
Yes you get bombbarded with adds from sites you have already visited somewhere else on the web , so what's the problem, I agree it's too much , it doesn't matter where you go, avoid other advertisment everywhere else and it won't show up on this site.

Have a nice day,

PT

Yes you get bombbarded with adds from sites you have already visited somewhere else on the web , so what's the problem, I agree it's too much , it doesn't matter where you go, avoid other advertisment everywhere else and it won't show up on this site.

This is an over simplification, adds on this page are not strictly tied to what web pages you view. The adds have a geo tag attached to them and send you things based on where you are or have been. I am currently having a hard time typing these words and seeing the page at the same time. Above my keyboard there is an add with a geo tag. Even though my phone has location disabled. Adds are expected.
Adds that are strategically place to hijack your device are predatory. I came to this site by choice. I was not high jacked from a different site and sent here.

Screenshot_20230329_102636_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230329_102343_Chrome.jpg

This is an over simplification, adds on this page are not strictly tied to what web pages you view. The adds have a geo tag attached to them and send you things based on where you are or have been. I am currently having a hard time typing these words and seeing the page at the same time. Above my keyboard there is an add with a geo tag. Even though my phone has location disabled. Adds are expected.
Adds that are strategically place to hijack your device are predatory. I came to this site by choice. I was not high jacked from a different site and sent here.

View attachment 589323

View attachment 589324
Sure, what ever you say, I over simplified so we can all associate with what we see blasted at us while we surf this site.
There are more algorythms at play than we can fathom, not eveyone uses their cell phone for this site, in fact I only check stuff out on my laptop.
Location is disabled all the time, its the cookies that get you, you leave a trail of crumbs where ever you go online.

The adds have a geo tag attached to them and send you things based on where you are or have been.

In part. Ad networks look at a variety of things in order to show you the ads they think are relevant to you. That is generally all they care about. They don't show you ads for lactation devices because they dont think your a new mother who breastfeeds your child, and conversely they wouldn't show that mother ads for tools. It's about trying to show ads that are relevant to the user.

I am currently having a hard time typing these words and seeing the page at the same time.

I'm not seeing that by your screenshots. ???

I use duckduckgo as a browser, seems knock a lot of adds off my pages. I don't know about ads here as I have paid to be part of the C-body gang.
I just gave it a try on Safari. I cleared my history, did not sign in. I didn't see many ads.
Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 7.36.41 PM.png

Last edited:
No offense to anybody!!!
My phone STILL freezes up when
Toooooooo many adds try to pile on! I have to X out of page and restart just to continue post.
I’ve cleared,deleted,reset everything. Only happens here and on FBBO???
I’ve gotten used to it over time and just make less and shorter posts.

No offense to anybody!!!
My phone STILL freezes up when
Toooooooo many adds try to pile on! I have to X out of page and restart just to continue post.
I’ve cleared,deleted,reset everything. Only happens here and on FBBO???
I’ve gotten used to it over time and just make less and shorter posts.

Clear your browser cache and internet history --- I believe I've explained this before.

In part. Ad networks look at a variety of things in order to show you the ads they think are relevant to you. That is generally all they care about. They don't show you ads for lactation devices because they dont think your a new mother who breastfeeds your child, and conversely they wouldn't show that mother ads for tools. It's about trying to show ads that are relevant to the user.

I'm not seeing that by your screenshots. ???
Joey,
Sorry wrong and wrong.
First of all how do know I'm not searching for lactating mothers? Are you profiling me?

But in all seriousness the adds running over
The cursor bar are a pain in the ***. I understand that these adds are here to make your business viable, the point that seems so hard to get across is that the placement is a pain in the ***. It is absolutely designed to harvest accidental clicks.

Back to milking mothers,
I have many screen shots on my last device
Of adds for women's underwear.
I have never searched for or purchased women's underwear in my life.

However, there is someone in my home that
Is always shopping such things and when I open this page in that physical location, bam, I get women's underwear adds.

When I open the page on a silicon wafer manufacturing campus I get an add for a cleanroom.
I don't suppose I'll be springing for my own cleanroom anytime soon.

How all this works, I don't know. I try to keep locations off and these adds only seem to be on FCBO. I have never noticed these types of adds on another page

In today's screen shot the add running right on top of my quick select is for kaiser Permanente. Went there twice last week with this phone and bought nothing because both times they were closed because they dont update there hours online.
I hate giving those bastards money...

Rant intermission...

Screenshot_20230403_081548_Chrome.jpg

I go into Petco and buy cat food for cash and without a "Customer Loyalty card.
I go home and I get pet food pop-ups.
Google is tracking your movements through your phone.
And that's the tip of the iceberg.

Bread crumbs where ever you go! Time to move to ......Hummmm, any sugestions?

And see I don’t see a problem - if you scroll a little it moves out of your way
IMG_4610.png

You need to turn off location tracking in google.

Honestly, I don't come by often anymore either cause of the ads. I dont get 'pop ups' but some of it is just annoyig when it takes half the screen as I try to read something.To me it does the opposite, I find it so annoying I'd never click on it.

Back