power Brake Booster Check Valve

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
A few years back I had booster Dewey rebuild my Midland Ross booster. It came back with a new check valve. After having it back for some time the check valve cam apart. At the time I couldn't find a replacement, so I glued it back together and drove it for a couple of years.

About 2 weeks ago it cam apart while driving. This must have occurred in the last few miles of my drive because I noticed it pulling into the driveway. Take you Jesus for that timing. This time the diaphragm blew out of it so no gluing it back together.

None of the local parts stores had anything that was close to the right size. If I remember correctly RA didn't even list one.

Classic Industries has one that looks correct, but the price.

I had found one on a Mopar website for about the same price, but I cannot seem to find it now.

It turns out that Ford used all of these too.

I ended up buying it from this Cougar website, for $8.10. They have a $10 minimum order though. By the time I got shipping on it it was about $16.

Anyway it cam in less than a week, Oregon to Pennsylvania, not bad.

It looks identical and fits fine. Whomever made it isn't proud of it though. There isn't a single marking or number on it anywhere.

I'm having the exact same problem. I accidentally whacked one of mine with my elbow and snapped off the vacuum port. I called Booster Exchange and they said you can buy the valves on the "shop" section of the website. Problem is, there is no shop section or anything other than the "about us" section on the website.

From what I have seen, those check valves tend to be more generic than OEM-specific, as to fit and function. Later ones (for some OEMs) also had a smaller vac line tap for the hvac system, it seems? But they all went in the same location, same size hole in the booster, and same supply line size. Might not be "restoration" correct, but work. I'm surprised that none were on the "HELP!" rack, but I guess due to their age, they might have aged-out of the mix? Might need to get a valve and a grommet, as a matching pair, for good measure?

Some observations from years ago,
CBODY67

A few years back I had booster Dewey rebuild my Midland Ross booster. It came back with a new check valve. After having it back for some time the check valve cam apart. At the time I couldn't find a replacement, so I glued it back together and drove it for a couple of years.

About 2 weeks ago it cam apart while driving. This must have occurred in the last few miles of my drive because I noticed it pulling into the driveway. Take you Jesus for that timing. This time the diaphragm blew out of it so no gluing it back together.

None of the local parts stores had anything that was close to the right size. If I remember correctly RA didn't even list one.

Classic Industries has one that looks correct, but the price.

I had found one on a Mopar website for about the same price, but I cannot seem to find it now.

It turns out that Ford used all of these too.

I ended up buying it from this Cougar website, for $8.10. They have a $10 minimum order though. By the time I got shipping on it it was about $16.

Anyway it cam in less than a week, Oregon to Pennsylvania, not bad.

It looks identical and fits fine. Whomever made it isn't proud of it though. There isn't a single marking or number on it anywhere.
I just paid $18.00 plus $5.00 shipping for just the rubber grommet (OE Mopar part). I'm hoping to switch the check valve intact from my old booster to the new one. FYI: the second port on my Check valve feeds vacuum to my cruise control unit.

I replaced mine last year with one from FeeBay. It came with an extra port so I just put a plug on it. So far No issues..

The valve came with a new grommet.
If I may, your tag line of Ugly Duckling is surprising to me. I think '68 NewYorker grill and headlight front end look is one of the best Chrysler ever made for their flagship line in any year! Nice color too!

Back