WANTED Power steering control valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

monaco75

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey all,

Looking for a power steering control/metering valve for a formal (74-77). I'm sure many diff body styles and years would work.?.?.

Piece pictured in top right corner. (Piece the return hose attaches to on the gear).

Thanks!

IMG_0326.JPG

No, reman gear already installed. Forgot to remove the valve when turning the old one in for the core... Ima jackass lol....

Been looking for a while now. A buddy sent me one, but it seemed to have gotten lost in the mail.

No, reman gear already installed. Forgot to remove the valve when turning the old one in for the core... Ima jackass lol....

Been looking for a while now. A buddy sent me one, but it seemed to have gotten lost in the mail.
Thats two, now.
You buddy's valve and my instrument panel bulb sockets. WTF?
Local scum checking out UPS boxes left by the front door?

Thats two, now.
You buddy's valve and my instrument panel bulb sockets. WTF?
Local scum checking out UPS boxes left by the front door?
If that's the case... I bet they were disappointed both times. I hate how this time of year seems to bring out the inner scumbag in so many people.

It must be my address or something... a couple xmas gifts are missing too. Contacted the company for a refund last night. Waiting for a reply. They were last seen the 8th in Long Island. Nothing since...

I can just mention experience swapping the control valve housing. The fittings varied over the years. As I recall, my 65 cars (both A & C body) use a large return hose ~1/2"ID to an aluminum barb fitting w/ 2 mount bolts. It has a check valve inside. The H.P. fitting is an SAE male flare. A 74 gear has a smaller ~3/8" ID return barb that screws in and H.P. fitting is a female O-ring port. That looks more like your photo. The fittings and hoses similarly varied w/ the p.s. pumps. I dealt with this when changing from a TRW to Federal p.s. pump in my 65 Dart. Fortunately, I had a 74 gear on hand. The variance is why your rebuild didn't come w/ the valve housing. Re the steering gear, all C-bodies were the same ~63 to ~78, and the same as 73+ A & B body, though Pitman arms varied.

What's the ZIP for Middleburg, VA?

We actually have a Green Cove Springs address. 32043. I say middleburg being we're 3 miles away from middleburg, and 15-20 away from green cove.. Middleburg zip is 32068

I can just mention experience swapping the control valve housing. The fittings varied over the years. As I recall, my 65 cars (both A & C body) use a large return hose ~1/2"ID to an aluminum barb fitting w/ 2 mount bolts. It has a check valve inside. The H.P. fitting is an SAE male flare. A 74 gear has a smaller ~3/8" ID return barb that screws in and H.P. fitting is a female O-ring port. That looks more like your photo. The fittings and hoses similarly varied w/ the p.s. pumps. I dealt with this when changing from a TRW to Federal p.s. pump in my 65 Dart. Fortunately, I had a 74 gear on hand. The variance is why your rebuild didn't come w/ the valve housing. Re the steering gear, all C-bodies were the same ~63 to ~78, and the same as 73+ A & B body, though Pitman arms varied.

I don't need the valve itself, I just need the port the return hose attaches to, with bolts. Didn't think finding one would be such a pain!

This seems to be the only place that has them. I'm afraid to ask how much they want judging by the prices of everything else. Was hoping to find a nice cheap used one lol. This is not a full coarse resto, just a driver

A buddy has an 81 imperial I'm gonna go pull one off of tonight. I checked it out last night in the dark. Looks like it could work. Instead of the hose outlet facing up, it come out horizontal with the gear. Shouldn't be a problem as long as it boots up to my gear... hopefully.

Success! The one off my buddies Imperial will work. Can't beat the price of free neither lol

IMG_0328.JPG

Still in the car. Cars have been sitting in his back yard for at least 20 years. Was fun getting to it. Don't like going back there in the summer months. Don't know what's hanging around in that jungle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back