Power Steering Pump-Hose

Julesva5

Reaction score
All - I need a little help here. Any idea where I can source a 68 Plymouth Fury III Convertible, 318 engine, Power steering pump and hose kit? I know with my 68 300 it was a bear finding these, but that was the 440 engine. I'm hoping this one is not so rare.

Thanks much!

Mark

Check a locally owned parts store in your area. Some are know to make hydraulic hoses. You take in your old one & they match up the fittings, cut hose to length, and crimp on the fittings.

IMG_9522.JPG
I have a used pump & pressure hose on a 68 Fury that was on the road a year ago. It was a 318 car. Your not that far away. I can ship also

Seems like the main difference in B/RB pumps and the LA 318 pumps was the size of the pulley? The pictured "small" pump is the Saginaw pump. If the pump reservoir top was larger and round in diameter, it would be the "Federal" pump. On the 383s, the pressure hose had stepped diameters and a rubber sleeve where it laid on the inner fender area. It would be a little different to fabricate in the field. They, too, should be in rockauto.com.

CBODY67

Depending on which pump you end up using, I may have an NOS power steering hose for the car. They used 3 different brands of pumps, Saginaw, TRW & Federal and these each use a different pressure hose.

Thanks for the help here all - I found a great place called Steer And Gear that was able to help here.

Back