Power Window Master Switch.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Anybody else thinking what I am thinking???

PicsArt_04-16-02.30.57.png

IMG_20170416_193310.jpg
IMG_20170416_193323.jpg
Hey Stan, is someone looking for a good one? 74 imperial

You need a total of six switches

but I only see Five on the Taiwan Ford one ! :poke: hmmm :drama:

You need a total of six switches

but I only see Five on the Taiwan Ford one ! :poke: hmmm :drama:
The PDL switch isn't part of the equation.
We're to trying to solve the PW switch crises we're in.
Sorta like Combat Bob's wiper link bushing.
We're out to save humanity here.
Early stages of R&D.
Where's Julian?

quote-the-greatest-invention-in-the-world-is-the-mind-of-a-child-thomas-a-edison-55-80-10.jpg

The PDL switch isn't part of the equation.
We're to trying to solve the PW switch crises we're in.
Sorta like Combat Bob's wiper link bushing.
We're out to save humanity here.
Early stages of R&D.
Where's Julian?

quote-the-greatest-invention-in-the-world-is-the-mind-of-a-child-thomas-a-edison-55-80-10.jpg
I'm sure that the location is part of the problem. I'll bet those switches get soaked when you open the door in the rain. We can take the load off the switches with a simple relay system though.

I've been playing around with the idea of doing just that for my car. I sketched something up a while ago and was gonna post that... and then I realized I was probably the only one that could read my mess. So I did up something a little nicer.

You would have to run a fused 12V source to each door and splice into the wires at the window motors. 2 relays per window.

Window relay.jpg

As the 2 wires coming from the switch are going to be a different color combination for each window, a little detective work with a test light will be in order to know which relay gets the purple and which gets the red wire.

I know there's a relay kit available that will do this... But this would cost $50 versus $300 for the "kit".

I'm sure that the location is part of the problem. I'll bet those switches get soaked when you open the door in the rain. We can take the load off the switches with a simple relay system though.

I've been playing around with the idea of doing just that for my car. I sketched something up a while ago and was gonna post that... and then I realized I was probably the only one that could read my mess. So I did up something a little nicer.

You would have to run a fused 12V source to each door and splice into the wires at the window motors. 2 relays per window.

View attachment 121941

As the 2 wires coming from the switch are going to be a different color combination for each window, a little detective work with a test light will be in order to know which relay gets the purple and which gets the red wire.

I know there's a relay kit available that will do this... But this would cost $50 versus $300 for the "kit".
Cool.

Disregard earlier comment... my head popped outa my arse and I see the logic.

I had to check or I wouldnt have slept tonigh. :p

Should work if you splice the Ford connector to the Chrysler harness.

View attachment 121913

Julian would make it work.

I'm indeed working on something that would help you with this and it's a 3D printer involved ;) But it's only an early beta version right now. I will post more about it when it's done!
2017-04-27 07.55.34.jpg

Back