Pro Mod 2016

I still like going to see top fuel, love the feeling as they go by. The J&A vette flew over the wall and John Gray (I think) had a left rear blow after he crossed the finish line that sent him into the wall.

Dang it......I have to work!

13092114_630728240410717_9096282213175445040_n.jpg

My friend Fredy maybe switching engine builders. He may be going with a Fuel injected, 5 stage nitrous 903 cu in Pat Musi engine. The Pat Musi fuel injection has been mapped already and capable of 5.70's runs with a good tune. He can also bump that engine up to 930 cubes in the future.

My friend Fredy maybe switching engine builders. He may be going with a Fuel injected, 5 stage nitrous 903 cu in Pat Musi engine. The Pat Musi fuel injection has been mapped already and capable of 5.70's runs with a good tune. He can also bump that engine up to 930 cubes in the future.
How much does one of those cost?

Couple hundred more than alot.
I don't have the couple hundred let alone a lot!

NHRA (Fox Sports) has been trying to edumacate it's viewers and has been saying how much engines cost for each class. I only need $40k to rent a Pro Stock engine for the weekend!

Those pictures are the carbed 903 Cu.In. Fulton engine.

It is currently fuel injected. He had problems all year mapping the Fulton fuel injection.

It looks like Fredy is going to switch to the Pat Musi 930 Cu. In. fuel injected motor next year.

That motor and FI system has been mapped and is a consistent 5.70 ET. Only problem running that hard is you have to replace pistons every run. It they back the tune down a little and run in the 5.80's they can race the weekend without replacing pistons.

Those pictures are the carbed 903 Cu.In. Fulton engine.

It is currently fuel injected. He had problems all year mapping the Fulton fuel injection.

It looks like Fredy is going to switch to the Pat Musi 930 Cu. In. fuel injected motor next year.

That motor and FI system has been mapped and is a consistent 5.70 ET. Only problem running that hard is you have to replace pistons every run. It they back the tune down a little and run in the 5.80's they can race the weekend without replacing pistons.
Amazing the amount of technology that goes into these cars.

I would rather be at a Pro Mod, Top Sportsman, Outlaw 10.5 race any day over a NHRA Top Fuel Dragster and Funny Car race.

Back