Pro Mod 2016

944078_10205970394999596_1496987965762041313_n.jpg

Yep, only year Mopar used them. The Fed's were going to shut down all 1968 Mopar sales if Mopar didn't put some sort of side marker light on their new cars. Those marker lights was a last minute fix Mopar went with to be able to sell cars in 1968.

Watching 6 second Mopar never gets old...

Well now someone I also know, Rob Goss & Bruce. Robs car is bad to the bone, I remember when he first got this car. It was a Drag Pack car that someone had put a gen III 426 in with a Kenne Bell 3.6L blower, car was running high 8's then. They have worked their azz off to get that car where it is now. Hopefully the new blocks come thru and hold up this season.

My friend Fredy Scriba made some major updates to his Pro Mod over the winter. The biggest change was converting the 903 cu in monster to fuel injection! Yep, it now has two giant 4 bbl throttle bodies on top of the massive intake manifold. The engine went back to Gene Fulton Racing in Spartanburg, S.C. to get freshened up for the 2016 season and a new intake manifold, and new headers fabricated. The chassis went back to Jerry Haas race cars in Fenton, Mo. for some chassis mods. Initial results on the dyno yielded 100 additional HP with the fuel injection. Around 2700 HP now. Capable of running in the low 5.70's now.

DSC_4029-Edit.jpg

That sucks.

I was standing on the fence at Norwalk this year when a guy got loose on the big end & his chute slammed him right into the wall.

One more month....and the fastest door slammers on the planet will be burning rubber in Maryland! See you there!

Watch in full screen....

Last edited:
Well now someone I also know, Rob Goss & Bruce. Robs car is bad to the bone, I remember when he first got this car. It was a Drag Pack car that someone had put a gen III 426 in with a Kenne Bell 3.6L blower, car was running high 8's then. They have worked their azz off to get that car where it is now. Hopefully the new blocks come thru and hold up this season.
The block did not hold up......

Back