PST front end kit - Imperial

Wile E Coyote

Super Genius
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the front end kit from PST?

PST Original Performance Front End Kit 67-73 Imperial (thread-in lower BJ) | eBay

The eBay ad states:
This Front End Kit Fits:
  • 1967-73 Chrysler Imperial
Each Original Performance Front End Kit includes:
  • Lower ball joints
  • Upper ball joints
  • Upper control arm bushings (rubber)
  • Lower control arm bushings (rubber)
  • End links
  • End link bushings (rubber)
  • Outer tie rod ends
  • Strut rod bushings
  • Upper control arm bumpers
  • Lower control arm bumpers
But then it is caveated with this note:
NOTE: Typical kit pictured. Not all kits will appear exactly as the photo, nor are all components available for all kits.

Just curious what all IS in the kit for an Imperial...

Just call them, they're nice people to deal with.

From my experience, '67-'68 Imp front ends are their own creature, and I don't remember them sharing parts with later Imps, but there may be a few things they share. Seems strange that the same kit would be for all of them. I'd do like detmatt suggests, but ask them at least twice if these fit '67's or '68's............ Good luck and let us know how you do!

Why no inner tie rod ends? and while we're at it why not a couple more new cotter pins with the lower ball joints. New torsion bar seals and clips would be nice
"Complete" kits are not complete.

Alan

I still say your better off buying just the pieces you need. All the rubber usually but ball joints and tie rods I have never seen a car with all those bad. Even my Charger, a really neglected car, only needed a lower ball joint, every other non rubber part was serviceable. All the play in the drivers upper was the ball joint moving in the control arm.

The unique idler arm for these Imperials isn't listed in the kit and it is expensive and only available through Rare Parts. As Alan said, this is certainly not a complete kit, and it is misleading to say it is even for PST.

Back