question about lit-up dash emblem / icon on speedo panel

saylor

Reaction score
dashlight-rocketship.jpg wahts this red icon ? full forward? shoot the missles that way?
never mind the speedo guage, we do 80 all the time over here, even sittin in the driveway :)

dashlight-rocketship.jpg

Not familiar with this my; but my 60 Chevy indicated that way (with a bowtie of course) that the bright beam lights were on.

good call there, that may be it,, ive only had the car out once at dusk / dark with the lights on so far.. and never had seen that icon before.

FWIW, the hi beam indicator is at the very top so it's not that. And it would be blue.
PLUS... there is another indicator light exactly like it right across from there on the left side

x5ox01.jpg

There are these indicator lights on that speedometer:
L. directional
R. directional
Hi beam indicator
Oil press. indicator
Brake system warning indicator.
Has to be the oil or brake light. Either is not good.

I'm guessing

Last edited:
I know that the one across the top above the odometer lights up when my parking brake is applied - it says BRAKE SYSTEM with a red light. I also found out the hard way (dead battery) that my brake light switch was ON all the time... my brake pedal position has changed with all the brake work.. it maybe could have been that I guess. i have since adjusted the brake switch @ pedal and i think the brake lights will go off now when the pedal returns.

I haven't been able to get back on the road to test since... with this fuel starve problem im having...

I don't remember but it looks cool as hell .. hopefully it don't mean something bad !

I don't know what it is either......but it looks cool!

Top center is brake system light when the parking brake is on. upper left hand corner is oil idiot light, upper right hand corner is high beam indicator light. its cool that it has a plymouth emblem that lights up. I have had 3 fury parts cars and 1 fury driver.

FWIW, the hi beam indicator is at the very top so it's not that. And it would be blue.
PLUS... there is another indicator light exactly like it right across from there on the left side

x5ox01.jpg

There are these indicator lights on that speedometer:
L. directional
R. directional
Hi beam indicator
Oil press. indicator
Brake system warning indicator.
Has to be the oil or brake light. Either is not good.

I'm guessing

Well, I just learned something new today.
RED high beam indicators shaped like a phallic symbol...
Ahhhhhhhhh........... Fullfilment.

lol I love it.

thanks for the help dudes.

keep praying that this magic fuel pump pushrod is gonna get my fuel flowing again! going to the store now for some new oil and filter in preparation... a lot of posts say that as the pushrod chews up and gets shorter, that metal is caught by the oil filter... and that is one of the things I haven't done yet to this car since I got it is a basic old oil change.

gonna get the stuff today for the oil change and then go out and pull the FP and see if that allen bolt for the pushrod will come out yet... had it soaking with PB oil,,, its in there pretty good. pushrod here tomorrow. going crazy. must... drive . . . . . .car . . . . . . . . . . . now . . . . . .

I remember the 60 Chevy also having a red hi-beam indicator but also know of blue and orange ones with other older cars. It seems this was sometime standardized to blue with all manufacturers.

Back