Rear seat speaker

Ocalanewport

Reaction score
I have a 1965 Newport Convertible, does anyone have a photo of how the back of the rear seat looks with a speaker installed?
I'm planning to install one and was wondering what it should look like. I have the forward facing chrome speaker enclosure and I presently have a board that covers the upper rear of the seat and with a speaker cut out on it. Thanks!
20201231_110633.jpg

Mine is a 68’ 300 convert and am thinking is the same or similar. There are three pieces: the grill, a speaker mount, the speaker. I made a new cover piece so my speaker hole is smaller.

798D967F-66CB-4D63-ABBE-2CF698C1F1F0.jpeg

1AD7D2B7-AFAD-4E89-8D63-37A28520C38D.jpeg

Looks familiar. Thanks. I was able to locate an exact replacement speaker at Electro- Tech, Inc. So I think I should be OK. I'm hoping to cover the hole so you don't see it. We'll see after I put the speaker in. Thanks again.

:welcome: I think we talked at the Ocala horsepark meet. (red 67 Polara convertible).
You were pretty excited about your new, and first, C body.... Post some pictures when you can

Will.

Mine is a 68’ 300 convert and am thinking is the same or similar. There are three pieces: the grill, a speaker mount, the speaker. I made a new cover piece so my speaker hole is smaller.

View attachment 426868

View attachment 426869
Is that the only speaker in the rear on convertibles? I was thinking of upgrading the sound just wondering if you can put more back there besides that one?

Thats the only factory location. The only options would be some speakers under the seats. Which really didn’t sound bad in my gto. The bass was fine!

Thats the only factory location. The only options would be some speakers under the seats. Which really didn’t sound bad in my gto. The bass was fine!
What you do pull the seats out and put it under? It sure what ya mean?

What you do pull the seats out and put it under? It sure what ya mean?
I put mine under the front seat aimed rearward. Fully enclosed speakers designed for under seat installation. Often called “Undercover” speakers. Course this was to take advantage of my stereo conversion radio’s power. If the radio is original your single location in the rear is good.

I put mine under the front seat aimed rearward. Fully enclosed speakers designed for under seat installation. Often called “Undercover” speakers. Course this was to take advantage of my stereo conversion radio’s power. If the radio is original your single location in the rear is good.
I want put in an aftermarket one down the rd I was gonna mount it above the cup holders! Just was wondering where to put speakers!

6BF07B0B-7BA8-4229-8A44-5CF8236377B9.jpeg

Back