Rear window seal/weather-strip?

ChryslerCaptain

Reaction score
Looking for what I believe is called the rear window seal for my 68, 300. Does anyone know if these are reproduced or will I have to make my own.

Thanks!
-Josh

IMG_3650.jpeg

IMG_3651.jpeg

From what I've seen, the quarter window vertical weatherstrip is reasonably common between makes and brands. Most are configured the same, just a different total length. The lower attachment is pretty common, too. Trim at the top with a sharp blade. Longer is better than short.

It just slides in the channel, bottom to top, to install. Using some water with a drop of soap helps things along. Per the normal Chrysler part numbering system, these part numbers appear to have been first used in the 1967 model year.

From the 1968 Chrysler Parts Book - - -
PN 2782560 and 2782561
Group 23-63-104 Weatherstrip, Quarter Window Glass Front Frame

ALSO FITS --- Valiant/Barracuda/Dart 2-dr hardtop & conv. Belvedere/Coronet Convertible

The fact it also fits A & B body cars can be a plus!

Enjoy!
CBODY67

IF per chance you end up in an A or B-body vendor's locale, ask for the part by the part number. Do NOT mention that it can also fit a C-body!

Reason? Their reps usually only know what is in their catalog and NOT any interchanges. If you ask them for a C-body part, they will very likely say "We don't have any", as a result. Do NOT seek to educate them! If you are in an A-body vendor's locale, you CAN say "It's supposed to fit a '68 Valiant/Dart/Barracuda 2dr hardtop". If in a B-body vendor's locale, you CAN say "It's supposed to fit a '68 Belvedere/Coronet convertible".

You can also Google the part numbers and see what comes up so you can know where to start contacting the vendors, possibly.

Hope this might help,
CBODY67

Looking for what I believe is called the rear window seal for my 68, 300. Does anyone know if these are reproduced or will I have to make my own.

Thanks!
-Josh

View attachment 652067

View attachment 652068
I just posted about this about 2 weeks ago if you want to look up the quarter window seal replacement post I made but here is probably the best seal for the leading edge between the rear quarter window and door window

1964-1969 Dodge Plymouth - Side Window Vertical Leading Edge | Steele Rubber Products

I just posted about this about 2 weeks ago if you want to look up the quarter window seal replacement post I made but here is probably the best seal for the leading edge between the rear quarter window and door window

1964-1969 Dodge Plymouth - Side Window Vertical Leading Edge | Steele Rubber Products
not listed for c bodies but almost an identical match to the factory ones unlike ALL the C body ones I found from the mopar restoration places like vans, mr moparts, etc

Back