WANTED Rear window seals c Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Sabath

Reaction score
Contact seller
hi guys, where can i get a rear window seal for my c body chrysler 300 4 door hardtop from 65? Steele Rubber doesn't have them anymore.....or can't make them anymore. I would be really grateful for a tip.
Greetings Thomas

hello guys, so Danteparts and Steele Rubber has no rear window seal. Danteparts said that the rear window of the sedan is different.....can anyone confirm that? Is there another company I could try? Thank you and greetings Thomas

Hello guys, since the rear window seal from my 65 hardtop is no longer available and it is no longer manufactured, I have a question for you:
1. Can the rear window seal from the 65 sedan fit?
2. Does anyone of you happen to have the profile as a picture?

This is the only way I can maybe order this from Rockauto in the desired length because it is to be painted.
Thank you Thomas

Yes, I know they are different. But since I have no alternative, I thought that the size of the disks might be approximately the same. If the one from the sedan is bigger, I could shorten it.....

Best that I can tell, original part numbers in my book are 2482 580 (without vinyl roof) and 2605 882 (with vinyl roof). Assuming I'm looking at the book correctly. Quick google search tells me you are going to have a hard time finding one............

Problem is it only fits 4 door hardtops. 2 door hardtops are different. Plymouth 4 door HT use a sedan gasket but Dodge and Chrysler 4 door HT share a 4 door HT only gasket.

Yes, I know they are different. But since I have no alternative, I thought that the size of the disks might be approximately the same. If the one from the sedan is bigger, I could shorten it.....
Unfortunately I can't help with that. My familiarity is with the Fury gaskets and I can tell you for 65 Fury HT and Sedan are not even close. Your best best is probably calling Murray Park to see if he has a used one. I was going to do that for my 65 Fury Sedan but then they started to reproduce them.

hi guys, where can i get a rear window seal for my c body chrysler 300 4 door hardtop from 65? Steele Rubber doesn't have them anymore.....or can't make them anymore. I would be really grateful for a tip.
Greetings Thomas
I have one for a 66 fury 2 door hardtop, do you think it would fit the 65 4 door? Here is a link to pics back glass and seal

Hello David, thank you for your offer, unfortunately the seal does not fit my vehicle. Not even the one from the Sedan 65 fits the one from the hardtop. is already special the rubber. I will get one from Murray in used condition. Unfortunately I have no further contacts in the USA. As already described, Kanter and Steele Rubber no longer have any, or they were newly manufactured, but the templates have probably disappeared. My car will be repainted shortly, so I had no choice but to get a used one, since the painter can also work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back