Red paint for 1968 Sport Fury trunk trim panel

440sportfury

Reaction score
Hello I restored my 1968 sport fury and was lucky to find a NOS trunk trim panel. The other day I pulled the car in the garage and parked it to close to the door when I closed the door the lock mechanism hit the trunk panel. Thankfully it did not dent it. It only scuffed up the paint. Would anyone know a company that makes a spray paint in that color. I looked but can't seem to find any. My body guy said if I can get the paint he will sand it and paint it. Thank you in advance.

You'll most probably need to look around at the hobby shops for small spray cans of model car paint. Otherwise, a vehicle paint supply can hand-match what you need, but they'll want to sell you a quart of paint that they special mixed.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I know that I've seen it.

Check with the usual muscle car parts suppliers like Dante's.

They sell the paint for the 1969 Barracuda trunk panel.

194003_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Jeff

The Barracuda trunk finish panel red paint is a match. Available through many MOPAR vendors and on eBay. Glad to hear that you only got a scuff.

Is it translucent? Candy apple red works well.

Is it translucent? Candy apple red works well.
I have used the red translucent paint for model cars on my chipped tail light lenses before. Works well at hiding the whitish cracks or chips.

I just go get spray cans made. AV paint can put any color/type automotive paint in easy to use spray cans for about $20 a pop. Usually while you wait. Most towns have a paint shop that can do this. I’m in California, republic of and if we can do it here I’m sure you have a place to make them where you are. It’s worth the 20 spot for the convenience.

The Barracuda trunk finish panel red paint is a match. Available through many MOPAR vendors and on eBay. Glad to hear that you only got a scuff.
Thank you Bill I was very lucky it was just a minor light scratch. I am going to order the barracuda paint.

I just go get spray cans made. AV paint can put any color/type automotive paint in easy to use spray cans for about $20 a pop. Usually while you wait. Most towns have a paint shop that can do this. I’m in California, republic of and if we can do it here I’m sure you have a place to make them where you are. It’s worth the 20 spot for the convenience.
Thank you it is worth it Thank You

Back