Regarding front seat belts in plastic receiver of 65 Fury

santts

Reaction score
Anybody every take out old belts out of long plastic receiver and replace with new? Seems to me you would have to remove male end? Was looking to just slide out and replace with my new lap belts I have . But not the case unless perhaps I get the heat gun out hah

I'm thinking you remove the belt and shroud as one item. Then remove the retractor assy form the belt and then the belt comes out. There might be a molded-in retainer in the shroud that might need to be reformed a bit, but not much for it to hold the bolt end of the belt?

I'm thinking you remove the belt and shroud as one item. Then remove the retractor assy form the belt and then the belt comes out. There might be a molded-in retainer in the shroud that might need to be reformed a bit, but not much for it to hold the bolt end of the belt?
Yes it's difficult. Very tight .I'm hoping to save and install new .

They will come out without taking the belt apart. Hot water soak or heat gun.

Unbolt it from the floor as a unit. Then pull the belt out of the shroud. That is the easy part. If you have the automatic retractors you must find the end with a small hole in it. A paper clip or cotter pin must be placed in the hole before removing them from the belt. If not the spring unwinds and the retractor is useless. Once the pin is in pry the ends up and take the retractor off the belt. Put it on the new belt and clamp the ends against the belt. To get the belt back in the shroud just put a hook in a wire coat hanger. Push it through from the bottom, hook it on the bolt hole and pull it through.

Back