Remarkable 1961 Imperial Le Baron Time Capsule - Incredibly LOW Price

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
With only 22K miles, this car is a jewel. Can't understand the low price unless there is something not disclosed in the brief listing.......................but it doesn't have a/c, which is surprising on this kind of car.

Ad No.: 236 - Subject: 1961 Imperial LeBaron--22,000 miles - Posted on: 9/22/2018
City: Lexington - State/Country: KY
Reply to: Larry Thompson at wildaboutwildcats@gmail.com

Pampered for the past 35 years as part of a personal car collection. A super fine example of the 61 LeBaron, 1 of only 1,026 produced. Factory-correct Formal Black with blue broadcloth interior in exceptional condition. Flite-Sweep deck lid. 413 V8 4 BBL with recent tune-up and minor carb rebuild. Runs great. Presents impressively. $22,961. Please call Larry, 859-327-3337.

1961 Imperial LeBaron - Google Drive

Just a few teasers...............................

61 Imperial-2.jpg
61 Imperial Time Capsule LeBaron.jpg
61 Imperial-3 Time Capsule LeBaron.jpg

Stunning - thanks for posting this. It has the correct LeBaron hubcaps too. Blue broadcloth is either original, or a VERY well done reproduction. Lack of AC may mean it was originally sold in a northern state......... something about the stance looks a little low, but it might just be me.......Hard to pinpoint value, as these are pretty rare.....

It does seem to be sitting a bit "low", but it could be the camera angles. It does appear to be level, front to rear, though.

$1.00/mile? Basically.

My suspicion is that this car needs to be in somebodys museum collection, NOT converted into any kind of "daily driver". The foam squares in the upholstery could well be a bit crunchy? For example, just from the foal drying out over the years.

CBODY67

It does seem to be sitting a bit "low", but it could be the camera angles. It does appear to be level, front to rear, though.

$1.00/mile? Basically.

My suspicion is that this car needs to be in somebodys museum collection, NOT converted into any kind of "daily driver". The foam squares in the upholstery could well be a bit crunchy? For example, just from the foal drying out over the years.

CBODY67

I was thinking the same thing about the miles, but the odometer reads 22,148. But those might be older photos.

I would estimate the seats have been redone, as they just look too new given the years since it was built and some use. But beautifully done.

It just needs a molded upper radiator hose to be any better looking. It even has the correct alternator with the wide fin spacing used predominantly only in 1961.

The grass is making the car look lower than it is. The grass, while it looks nicely manicured is on the tall side - it is taller than the bottom edge of the white wall.

Awesome looking car.

Back