Remember the Price is Right Program that Aired on TV in the 60's??

Here is the monroney from my 1960 Chrysler 300F two door hardtop, and it has just about every option available except a power antenna....................and the 1961 300G convertible wasn't all that much more expensive. They were pretty exotic cars for their time.................

1700637496572.png

The original owner bought three of them brand new at the same time...........a white, red and black one, all two door hardtops similarly equipped. I am the second owner of mine. It still has only 29K miles on it and remains just like new. The surprising reality is that he was a body/paint guy that worked at a Buick new car dealership and was able to afford 3 at once! He did tell me that if he worked at a Chrysler dealership, he would have made no money but on the Buicks he didn't strive to make them perfect since he thought they were inferior cars!

Love how she closes the door on the swiveled seat. You'd think it would have been engineered to snap back once the weight of the passenger was taken off of it. Nice car though!

Here is the monroney from my 1960 Chrysler 300F two door hardtop, and it has just about every option available except a power antenna....................and the 1961 300G convertible wasn't all that much more expensive. They were pretty exotic cars for their time.................

View attachment 628780

The original owner bought three of them brand new at the same time...........a white, red and black one, all two door hardtops similarly equipped. I am the second owner of mine. It still has only 29K miles on it and remains just like new. The surprising reality is that he was a body/paint guy that worked at a Buick new car dealership and was able to afford 3 at once! He did tell me that if he worked at a Chrysler dealership, he would have made no money but on the Buicks he didn't strive to make them perfect since he thought they were inferior cars!
"Buicks were inferior cars?" I can understand that, but don't let the Buick guys get wind of that! BUT I fully understand how such an orientation could happen, too.

Thanks for posting that window sticker. Neat stuff.

In watching that video, it appears that the guys knew a little about the car, enough to cause them to get into a bidding war, as the ladies just saw a "neat convertible". Each knew it was something special, apparently, but NOT just how special it was. But that show was never about bidding wars per se, just getting close the closest to the MSRP of anything.

Happy Holidays!
CBODY67

I suppose we can assume Ms. Gahagan had a big smile on her face back in the day when she drove around in that beauty.

When I was a kid, The Price Is Right almost never featured Mopars—at least not when school was out. Even worse, the episodes I saw tended to have Mustang IIs and Chevy Vegas. :BangHead:

EDIT: They were at least better looking than some of the hellishly “styled” beasts of today.

Mustang IIs and Vegas certainly were better looking cars than the various garish gargoyles and rolling road toads that sully the streets today.

The ridiculous part about the letter cars was that optioned correctly they were more than an Imperial. I also wonder what the lady who won would do the first time she put it to the floor at 40 mph? That is were the long rams developed there maximum torque. Nick on Nicks garage dynoed a 63 short long ram and stock it developed over 500 lbs ft of torque.

Back