Remember when?

Vintage-oil-can-spout.jpg

No fair. We have to scrounge the internet for pictures, and you just walk around the haus.

Take notice of the vintage Radiator valve. It is the last one that is still alive though. :)

Mute servant: I find them very practical. Just picked up from an estate sale from the owner of an old,long closed construction Business to replace another one I use for years.

Last edited:
House calls are still not completely uncommon over here with older Folks.

What the hell is Mr Wings?

A Google search of the new Internet turned up so much pollution of the editable variety that I gave up. Is it a Ohio thing?

6e39ae639e59ad9d1d665c34eb6aa1af.jpg

They were based in suburban Cleveland, but had stores mostly in small towns in Ohio and adjacent states. They operated smallish, but full-line discount stores. They were acquired or merged with Fisher's Big Wheel (a similar chain with an overlapping trading area, based in Pennsylvania, I believe) during the 80s.

View attachment 236432
They were based in suburban Cleveland, but had stores mostly in small towns in Ohio and adjacent states. They operated smallish, but full-line discount stores. They were acquired or merged with Fisher's Big Wheel (a similar chain with an overlapping trading area, based in Pennsylvania, I believe) during the 80s.

OK wiggs not wings no wonder.

I lived in Cleveland once, but I'll never admit it! :poke:

Washing machines that lasted a good 40 years. I have a harvest gold maytag set that has "Suds saver" and reuses the same wash water. The dryer's heating element is burned out though.

images (57).jpeg

Washing machines that lasted a good 40 years. I have a harvest gold maytag set that has "Suds saver" and reuses the same wash water. The dryer's heating element is burned out though.

View attachment 236482
The good old days of quality appliances- you'd probably be able to get a new dryer element. I recall a YouTube video of a 1925 maytag washer happily working, amazing the two guys who owned it.

The good old days of quality appliances- you'd probably be able to get a new dryer element. I recall a YouTube video of a 1925 maytag washer happily working, amazing the two guys who owned it.
Ive been looking, but it isn't too high priority. I have a clothesline, and now that its winter I dry them on basement pipes, chairs etc. And people say planned obsolescence is not a real thing... This is the only problem either one of them has ever had. You would be lucky to get 10 years out of a new set.

Heating Element 279838 | Maytag Replacement Parts

Listed at 65 29.
At any rate they're probably the place to inquire about it, must be millions of older Maytag units out there.

Have a nice day.
Not quite, mine is a round tube, thanks for your help! I think that is the site I did find a replacement, I just haven't bought it yet. Mine Is the DE-808 model I think it was made in 1974. They will probably last the rest of my lifetime.

Back