Remember when?

20230502_060013.jpg
just bought this on sunday

Brown floor mounted Warm Morning gas flame heaters, and a Coca-Cola bottle opener on the wall. Large floor grates where heat came up from a basement/cellar boiler/heater in the entry hallways of old frame homes with creaking wood floors.

Wallpaper!

Thinning out my 45's since we don't own a jukebox anymore. I'm 40 and yes, I've seen 77 Sunset Stip and know all about Kookie and his t bucket. My 44 year old wife looked at me like I was insane.

20230512_195349.jpg

If you were elementary school age, or thereabouts, in the mid/late 1960's (maybe even before that) in some parts of US, chances are you met this "guy" at school or at your pediatrician.

(this was a way to address iron deficiencies in youngsters -- delivery in a toy kinda thing, and it tasted good too).

Phillips-66AB.jpg

If you were elementary school age, or thereabouts, in the mid/late 1960's (maybe even before that) in some parts of US, chances are you met this "guy" at school or at your pediatrician.

(this was a way to address iron deficiencies in youngsters -- delivery in a toy kinda thing, and it tasted good too).

View attachment 597251
I need more information, this is before my time. Did this dispense an iron vitamin?

I need more information, this is before my time. Did this dispense an iron vitamin?
Yes I believe.

Incremin was/still is? as brand to provide iron supplements to kids (at least) in the '60's. I don't recall it before that as I was not school-age until the mid 60's.

I think "Geritol" was big with older folks (my parents and older) back then.

The little "iron worker" design in brown plastic, yellow "hard hat" was the bottle cap, had a tasty red, cherry "syrup" in it. funny little character to appeal to youngsters I guess.

Never saw it/needed it/it was replaced by multivitamins? after ca. 1970.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I will have to ask my sister if she remembers them. She was in the 1st grade in 1965. It my not have been a thing around where I grew up. I was in a rural community and grew up on a beef farm so I doubt if we were iron deficit with all the red meat we ate.

I remember having my Flintstones vitamins every morning though, I would have been 4 in 1970.

Yes I believe.

Incremin was/still is? as brand to provide iron supplements to kids (at least) in the '60's. I don't recall it before that as I was not school-age until the mid 60's.

I think "Geritol" was big with older folks (my parents and older) back then.

The little "iron worker" design in brown plastic, yellow "hard hat" was the bottle cap, had a tasty red, cherry "syrup" in it. funny little character to appeal to youngsters I guess.

Never saw it/needed it/it was replaced by multivitamins? after ca. 1970.

When I hear Geritol, I always think of Lawrence Welk, lol (and geriatric)

73d11bf6e09fd5de8c6cebdfc6e9d7de.jpg

chopper025-600x348.jpg

View attachment 597724

View attachment 597722l

lawrence welk show reruns on my local PBS station is one of my "guilty pleasures". I have Ed Sullivan and Red Skelton DVD sets too

Oh, Ted Mack Amateur Hour (American Idol decades [30's on radio, Ted Mack on TV somewhere starting '50's though the "60's] before what we have today) had Geritol as a sponsor too

1684342579480.png

View attachment 597724

View attachment 597722
I kindasorta remember complaining about the adverts when I was a kid. Nothing interesting like car commercials. (I understand that in the late Fifties he was sponsored by Dodge. Until the Dodge Boys went in a laughably incompatible direction: “Join the Dodge Rebellion!”)

still aroud though introduced in 1953. earlier than me

my first memory is early sixties with jowls/teeth strong enough to chew it like the "older" kids and able to read the comics and finally get the jokes. plus my first $1.00/month allowance in 1964 dollars (like $10.00/mnth in 2023 dollars) went to the $0.01 per gum. I was "rich".
bazooka1_860x.jpg

Remember the 1984 Olympic Mc Donald’s scratch off giveaway where the US cleaned up in the Gold medals……..
Cost Mc Ds a fortune

D29CE51D-DF36-479B-8016-03A408D66F59.jpeg

It's amazing what you can find on the internet. This was my very first radio, I bought it for 25¢ with my allowance money at a Pancake Festival/Boy Scout Sale in the 60's and it worked like a charm. This sold in a Bator Motorcycle auction in a lot of several other items for like 20 bucks.

Vintage.RCA.Model.18T.Radio.001.jpg
Vintage.RCA.Model.18T.Radio.002.jpg
Vintage.RCA.Model.18T.Radio.003.jpg
Vintage.RCA.Model.18T.Radio.004.jpg
Vintage.RCA.Model.18T.Radio.005.jpg
Vintage.RCA.Model.18T.Radio.006.jpg
Vintage.RCA.Model.18T.Radio.007.jpg
Vintage.RCA.Model.18T.Radio.008.jpg

Back