Removing the frame off my c-body?

TomB

Reaction score
If I remove my 1970 Fury c body off it's frame will I have alignment issues putting it back together?

Yah it's only got a half frame setup and it only bolts up to one position, so its not an issue.

Does it? Why does the body manual show alignment diagrams for stub frame installation ?

Unless it was in an accident there shouldn't be any alignment issues,there should be 4 bolts with rubber isolators that bolt right in place,even the core support that has 2 bolts for a total of 6 bolts should bolt right in place,

What Dale said. If you are still concerned mark the floor and stub frame before disassembly.

There is no lateral or front to rear play on the sub frame, only up/down adjustments.

The bolts that go in the rear of the frame have a conical shank that center the holes.

The frame may have shims at the bulkhead mounting, these are about 4x8 with 2 holes.
There may also be shims at the core support, other than these there isn't any other adjustments.
You cannot get the frame racked off the forward/rear centerline, the body bolts do not allow for that, totally self locating.

I'd drop the wheel liners with the frame or remove first.

I see no issues with dropping the frame and putting it back, just put whatever shims back where you found them.

Alan

Last edited:
There is no lateral or front to rear play on the sub frame, only up/down adjustments.

The bolts that go in the rear of the frame have a conical shank that center the holes.

The frame may have shims at the bulkhead mounting, these are about 4x8 with 2 holes.
There may also be shims at the core support, other than these there isn't any other adjustments.
You cannot get the frame racked off the forward/rear centerline, the body bolts do not allow for that, totally self locating.

I'd drop the wheel liners with the frame or remove first.

I see no issues with dropping the frame and putting it back, just put whatever shims back where you found them.

Alan

this is correct. Just keep track of your shims for sure. I have some spares for the firewall mounts and some spares for the core support area if anyone needs any. If you do pull the front fenders as well, there may or may not be shims at the bolts near the rocker panels as well. I always pulled the front clip, in my eyes it's way to much unsupported weight sticking out there.

Back