Replacement turn signal problem, wrong part number?

Biggredd2069

Reaction score
I've gone to a couple different auto stores and they have 2057 for the turn signal bulb for my 68 Newport but when I pull it out its the wrong style nubs that you push in and twist. Anyone else have this issue?

Wagner and Philips both show PN 1034, others show an 1157 all have the same offset pegs. flip the bulb 180 degrees. The only real difference is wattage of the bulb.

The best place to find correct bulb numbers is your FSM. In my experience, a lot of the parts stores have a lot of incorrect listings for bulbs. Best to know exactly what you want before you go.

It's an 1157 for the front and rear.

Probably a #57 for the dash signals but it could also be a #158... I don't have a '68 FSM to check that... but it's one of those two.

I agree with turning the 2057 180°. The only difference I can wind is that sources claim 2057 uses 2 watts less.

Wagner and Philips both show PN 1034, others show an 1157 all have the same offset pegs. flip the bulb 180 degrees. The only real difference is wattage of the bulb.
The dual element bulbs can not be turned 180, the pins are offset differently to prevent this.

Alan

I've gone to a couple different auto stores and they have 2057 for the turn signal bulb for my 68 Newport but when I pull it out its the wrong style nubs that you push in and twist. Anyone else have this issue?
Been there, done that, makes ya nuts!

Seems like the 2057 bulbs have a stainless steel-look base whereas the 1___ bulbs are cad?

Hey B R 2069 whats the widest width rim you were able to use with the rear skirts

Back