Restoration Reunion show

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Headed there today. At Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie , VA I'm taking my phone charger this time so I can get more pics

Pics

Well there wasent many MOPAR's in the car show. Only 3 IIRC There was a lot in the various drag racing classes. Man I was there from 11 am to 7.30 pm. And they where just starting 3rd round of racing. Lots of race cars. Anyway no C body cars to my disappointment. I did take a pic of the beautifull Bonniville. 455 power. This car looked damn nice. No swirl marks. Straight & original. I have always like Pontiacs from the 60's & early 70's. Especially the big cars.

image.jpg

Sling Shots

There where at least 4 of these. They had a class for them called Southern Outlaw Sling Shots. I imagine it's a fledgling dedicated group trying to get more intrest in these cars. They made several passes down the strip. 9 second cars. Seems like one may have ran in the 8 sec. All where small block chebbie powered. Had vintage looking, but new parts. These things are flimsily. I could see the chassis flexing from the stands as they went by. I took a video also.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ed Miller

Ed travels the mid Atlantic states doing exhibition events & shows. It's not Hemi powered. It has a RB wedge motor in it. It's a replica of his Hemi Duster from back in the day. Car runs very good. I took a video of it racing too

image.jpg

Afx

And this car travels with Ed Miller. They do exhibition races with each other. Unfortunately I think it only made one pass. I think this is a real AFX not a replica.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fone other cool cars

A Plymouth, a Willys. That little roadster had what looked to be an industrial chain saw engine in it. The kids where all over this one

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lee Silverman

Ok I took this pic of Lee & his beautifull Impalla wagon because the only Super Stock race I have ever enterd I made it to the finals & had to race Lee for the win. I ran him heads up in time trials & he beat me by at least 2 car lengths. So in the finals due to our indexes I had about a 1 1/2 car head start. I was thinking that's not enough. He had already beaten me by more than that & he's a veteran SS racer. So I had to get up on the wheel & tree him. Fortunately he missed the tree & I got him by 1 car legnth. I saw him with his car last month at the Hall of Fame show, but he was busy talking with folks so I didn't get to talk with him. This time I did. He remembers me & congratulated me & was a super cool guy. We talked for quite a while. He gave me a ride in the Wagon to the staging lanes & I was shooting video of it. Lee is a true gentleman & it's guys like him that make this hobby fun.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Other cars

I took pics of many others no MOPAR cars. Some Pontiacs & a few Fords. If you guys want to see that & Joey doesn't mind I will post those too

I took pics of many others no MOPAR cars. Some Pontiacs & a few Fords. If you guys want to see that & Joey doesn't mind I will post those too

Go ahead, I'll take responsibility. ;)

I owned a 76 Pontiac Lemans Sport Coupe' back in the day.

I didn't run Hooisers though...

That was a cool car. It had a Pontiac motor too. Damn thing ran high 10's No roll bar. I only saw him make one pass & shortly after he was loaded up & leaving. They may have teched him on the roll bar.

Back