Resurrection of my 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible

Do those last a while?
I did both sides with one stripping drum. Half way through I bought the second one, but didn’t open it yet. There is still a lot of meat on the drum, I’ll keep using it until the housing starts to rub on the metal, lol.

The finishing drum didn’t wear very much. The key is not to hit the edges and make sure the welds are ground smooth first.

For $99 the three drums come with the tool. The second stripping dum cost me $29 more. Still a decent value. Doing both quarters took me about 6 hours, where I had previously spent a week using chemicals and pretty much did nothing.

Last edited:
Ugh, getting the body lines and these panels straight are going be a challenge.
i had the same problem when i repaired the quarters on my '69 thirty years ago. i made a sanding block long enough to catch the intact original sheet metal in front of and behind the wheel arch. mudded the whole area and sanded until i saw steel poking through at each end of the repaired area. i remember buying strip sandpaper on a roll and using spray adhesive to stick it on to the block.
construction 006.JPG
construction 007.JPG
construction 008.JPG

How long is that and what is it made of? Eastwood has 24 inch blocks, but I'm not paying $100 for a piece of rubber.

Back