Rim ID...Mopar, Buick, or......??

Scoopy G

Reaction score
I have these rims in my shop, and I'm not sure if they are Mopar or GM or whatever. I figured there would be some keen observers in the group who would know.

Rim A I think is a 14" Mopar rim. Lugs are 2-11/16" center-to-center.

Rim B might be a Buick 15" rim. Lugs are about 2-7/8" center-to-center.

I can't find any stampings on the rims that indicate GM or Pentastar or even Ford. Any advice will be appreciated.

113_2033.JPG

113_2034.JPG

113_2035.JPG

113_2036.JPG

113_2037.JPG

113_2038.JPG

Rim B" isn't looking too good. What happened to the center of it? Not sure what that would fit but I agree with Owen11x, about "A". It looks like a Mopar rim.

Thank you Gentlemen, I knew there would be expert advice out there.

The photos of the B rim might look like the center of it is wonky (kinda hexagonal), but it doesn't seem to be as a result of anything wrong....it looks like a factory thing.

As we speak, I need to pull the drums on the '63 Riviera to inspect the brakes after 4 years, so I'll try to fit that B rim on the car, and see if the rim is screwed up.

Thanks again Gents, as always I appreciate you help.

thumbnail_Riviera at Davis Isle.jpg

Kelsey Hays was the original supplier to GM for years, not sure about Mopar. There should a PN stamped in the inside hoop. Try googling Kelsey Hays and the PN. That may get you somewhere.

The B wheel is a GM wheel and was made like that, nothing wrong or damaged.

Rim A looks like it could be an Aspen/Volare rim that has clearance for disc brakes.
I just looked at a 68-newer drum-brake rim in the basement, and it is noticeably different from the one pictured.

Back