RIP Tim Conway

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
RIP Tim Conway

Dead at 85.

Legendary comic Tim Conway dead at 85

Tim Conway, who made generations of Americans laugh on TV shows such as "McHale's Navy" and "The Carol Burnett Show," died Tuesday morning, his publicist said.

He was 85.

Conway won multiple Emmy Awards, most recently in 2008 for his role as a guest star on the comedy show "30 Rock" in which he played Bucky Bright, an old, long-forgotten television star.

The actor's big break in Hollywood came on "McHale's Navy," when Conway was cast to play Ensign Charles Parker. He was nominated for a best supporting actor Emmy in 1963.

Download the NBC News app for breaking news and politics

But he'll probably be best known for his work on "Carol Burnett," the iconic 1970s sketch comedy show that included the likes of Burnett, Conway, Harvey Korman, Lyle Waggoner and Vicki Lawrence.

Ha. I even looked for it. I guess it happens after a week in the Caribbean and no interwebs.

I just watched The Private Eyes Monday night. It was the only movie my dad ever took me to see when it came out.
He wanted to see it because it featured the Biltmore estate located in his hometown of Asheville NC.

We happened to watch some old Carol Burnett shows over the winter and thoroughly enjoyed them. Humour at it best he was always one of my favourites.

Back