Road Wheels

hotdog647

Reaction score
Hello- Doug from Florida here. The post is here because the wheels were used in these years. We decided to run some 15" Road Wheels on our 66 New Yorker. Of course the wheels from the junk yard didn't have all the trim rings or center caps. Are these something you have to watch for here or eBay or is someone doing repros? Or does someone have a stash they need to dispose of without breaking the bank? Thanks.

wheel (2).jpgside.jpg

wheel (2).jpg

side.jpg

You can still buy NOS road wheel parts.

Carlisle is coming up next month.....always someone selling some there.

You have to keep an open eye......... They have become popular amongst C body guys. Fortunately you are looking for the later year caps.... Cars shows and swap meets are a good spot to locate them... That's a nice trim ring!! You found those in a junk yard?

You have to keep an open eye....That's a nice trim ring!! You found those in a junk yard?

We were out junking today looking for one 15 x 6 wheel. Across the fence they had a 77 Cordoba waiting to be processed. Bingo! Not all trim rings & centers/caps are good, and will use the 7 yr old tires to roll project cars.

We were out junking today looking for one 15 x 6 wheel. Across the fence they had a 77 Cordoba waiting to be processed. Bingo! Not all trim rings & centers/caps are good, and will use the 7 yr old tires to roll project cars.

Excellent!! and in Florida.......unbelievable

Does anyone know is there suitable spinners that would fit that center wheel cap ? I just would love to have spinners on those and have seen them in pictures, but are there any generic models that would fit?

I have seen them too, tastefully done I might add but I do not know where they came from

And so, the search begins. Are these officially called Chromed Styled Road Wheels? Are there any changes among the different years? Do any different trim or beauty rings work? Thanks in advance. Doug

I personally feel it was a tasteful mod on a lightly modified car...
Kevin, you saw this car ten years ago at Carlisle

Back