Rocker Trim?

craigl

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
heya folks... i was looking at my car from the side and thought something was amiss with the way the side/bottom of the car looked. Thats when i looked at some older pictures and realized I am missing a couple pieces of trim. i believe these trim pieces are referred to as "rocker trim" or something along those lines? In any event, i have googled and googled for the better part of a few hours now - lost in an internet hole. I cannot find these things. I believe there may not be any for sale. That being said, do people make any aftermarket pieces of trim? i cannot believe there is much of a demand for these things.

The car is a 67 plymouth fury 3 (convertible if it matters). I have a bad picture of the side below. this aluminum trim would run along the base/bottom of the car from tire to tire.

IMG_0610.jpg

Welcome to the realm of C-body Chrysler vehicles! That rocker panel molding is something that was available when the cars were younger, but with no sales, when the then-remaining stock was sold or liquidated, no more were produced by Chrysler. When the NOS ones were around, no demand for them, usually. IF it was a B-body or E-body, things would be different.

Same moldings might be on '68 Furys, too, very possibly? So that's TWO model years only. FWIW.

Which means salvage yard searches. Some online, others not. Bad thing is that getting them shipped would be expensive, due to their length. Might check the Mopar salvage yard near Kileen, TX as a start.

Might get a vehicle wrap shop to cut you up some "replica" moldings until you can find some real ones?

Just some thoughts and observations,
CBODY67

2807926 right body side sill molding (or rocker molding)
2807927 left body side sill molding (or rocker molding) here is one for 700.00 NOS MOPAR 1967 PLYMOUTH SPORT FURY LH ROCKER PANEL MOULDING NIB!! MINT!! | eBay
6026107 screw 18 per side

Mopar #s above from the part book

post this in the parts wanted section

- lost in an internet hole. I cannot find these things. you are pissing in the wind w/o part numbers !

in google search this way:

2807926 Mopar

Last edited:
2807926 right body side sill molding (or rocker molding)
2807927 left body side sill molding (or rocker molding) here is one for 700.00 NOS MOPAR 1967 PLYMOUTH SPORT FURY LH ROCKER PANEL MOULDING NIB!! MINT!! | eBay
6026107 screw 18 per side

Mopar #s above from the part book

post this in the parts wanted section

- lost in an internet hole. I cannot find these things. you are pissing in the wind w/o part numbers !

in google search this way:

2807926 Mopar
ohh... you NEVER should have shown me that guy's ebay store. ill be hiding that bill from my wife all year :(

I know him but can't help you on the price!
If you get it then you will have to come up with the other side....that might take some time.

run that part # on google daily and you might find it

Believe the rocker trim was for Sport Fury, not III, see sales catalog. III should have wheel trim, that's quite hard to find in decent condition.

67 fury III.png
67 fury sport.jpg

Believe the rocker trim was for Sport Fury, not III, see sales catalog. III should have wheel trim, that's quite hard to find in decent condition.

View attachment 534542View attachment 534543
i think you may be right. in the attached photo there is a portion of the frame that is visible that i feel should not be. However, if you look at the photo you provided above i think it may be visible there too BUT the shadow is hiding it. im going to leave it alone. it is a little unsightly but i guess that is just how it was made. thank you for the photo though.

IMG_1377.jpg

the trim does NOT cover the pinch weld at the bottom of the rocker or the bottom edge where the fender bolts on...what you have there is normal...look how much money you just saved....the problem is that the car is too clean and shiny down there

The fact that the pinchweld areas are body color is indicative of the fact the car has been repainted. In production, those areas were covered, somewhat haphazzardly (brush or speray gun), with satin black paint to hide them better. So,careful application of some satin black spray enamel would work well to hide that area better.

CBODY67

The fact that the pinchweld areas are body color is indicative of the fact the car has been repainted. In production, those areas were covered, somewhat haphazzardly (brush or speray gun), with satin black paint to hide them better. So,careful application of some satin black spray enamel would work well to hide that area better.

CBODY67
ahhhh snap... you guys are right. I should "carefully" take some flat black, or maybe even an undercarriage paint, to the shiny blue down there.

Back